[SOLD] Overland Trailer w/ CVT Denali rooftop tent $6k

mvmtmkr

I'm no expert on these things, so I'm sure some of you will educate me on the specifics of my setup, as I purchased with most of this already as-is.

This is (I believe) the M101-A2 military trailer, I'm not sure if the brakes or axle are original or have been modified. The tongue/hitch definitely has been, it's an articulating hitch (max coupler I think).

There are 2 batteries inside the front of the box that power some LED lights on the sides and underside of the trailer.

I had the trailer sandblasted after I bought it (purchased from a guy in Indianapolis and it had some rust underneath), and then used way too many rustoleum rattle-cans to paint the entire underside black.

I also added a wheel to the tongue jack which has been incredibly useful.

The trailer cover is custom made I'm pretty sure, and it is highly water resistant but not fully waterproof.

A rack has been welded to the trailer for the RTT - it is not height adjustable.

Tires are 37" mud grapplers with a spare mounted on outside front side of box.

Tent is a CVT Denali summit series from 2017 - CVT's top of the line massive tent. Best for a family, as the inside/mattress is bigger than a king and will comfortably fit 3 adults. I'm including the annex, cold weather cover (value $350 + shipping new, and it has never been used), 78" awning (new in box), and mesh enclosure for awning (new in box). Probably a few other small accessories I'm forgetting that will be included as well. Tent is $3,500 new + shipping, and accessories are another $750-800. My tent has been slept in a total of about 14 nights.

Asking $6,000 and I'm located in Chino Hills CA / Orange County CA
IMG_4002.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5269.JPG
    IMG_5269.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 739
  • IMG_6045.JPG
    IMG_6045.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 460
  • IMG_7151.JPG
    IMG_7151.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 442
  • IMG_7397.jpg
    IMG_7397.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 448
  • IMG_7399.jpg
    IMG_7399.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 423
  • IMG_7416.jpg
    IMG_7416.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 423
  • IMG_7456.jpg
    IMG_7456.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 417
  • IMG_7394.jpg
    IMG_7394.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 411
Last edited:
Are there any attachments to the trailer for propane tank or kitchen equipment come with it?
Does your 4 Runner have a lift to level out the ride of the trailer? Mine is just a standard TRD and wandering how it would tow it level.
How much do you believe that it weighs?
Does it really take a lot of power out of the Toyota, those trailers are initially rated to be towed by 3/4 ton trucks. Just asking cause I generally take the fastest route over a steep grade to the mountains from my home.

mvmtmkr

I will tell you that I towed this on 2 road trips - one from SoCal through Utah to Boise, and another from SoCal to bend OR. The 4Runner did not do great at maintaining speed through passes but I’ll admit I was trying to go 70mph which is over the tow speed limit.

In Utah I was going 75 and getting passed by loaded triple trailer semis going 80+

Not sure the weight of this type of trailer but I’d guess 2.5-3k loaded.
If you’re patient the v6 will be totally fine.

Good luck

mvmtmkr

Also my 4runner was raised about 2.6-3in for a level ride with trailer and also had medium weight old man emu springs in rear to prevent sagging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online