**SOLD*V 94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 4x4 camper van $21,900

TacticalAnt

I present to you, our 1994 Toyota Hiace Super Custom, Turbo Diesel 4x4.
Chock-full of good stuff!
Located near Taos NM, 2.5 hrs north of Albuquerque, 1 hr south of Colorado Border.
This van has approximately 90,000 miles on it. Just think about that, in its 29 years of life, it’s averaged only a little over 3,100 miles per year of drive time. Thats less than 300 miles a month!
We bought it 3 years ago when it came on the boat from Japan. We went camping all over in it, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, and Oregon. During those trips it was extremely reliable and continues to be so.
If your comparing the Hiace to the Mitsubishi Delica, I can assure you they are completely different animals. We initially wanted to buy a Delica. I had been researching them for a couple of years and was dead set on one. But… when I finally drove the Delica, it was a bit underwhelming in many ways. Then we saw a Hiace on the lot, and drove it. Wow! No comparison. The Power, the interior features, the quietness, the comfort, the smoothness on the road and the overall fit and finish had me sold. Long trips are so much easier and les fatiguing in a comfortable ride. Plus Im a Toyota guy, what can I say.
Why are we selling it? Its been a lot of fun, with great memories, but our needs have changed and we are now moving toward a pickup with camper.
The Hiace shares many of the same drivetrain components (transmission, transfer case, and differentials) as the same year 4runner and Hilux. That should speak to the robustness of the platform. Its a full time 4x4, so no hubs to mess with and no transfer case to shift, its always in 4x4.
Its powered by the Toyota 1KZTE 3.0 liter Turbo Diesel. Its a fantastically reliable engine that’s suprisingly easy to change the timing belt on. It gets great fuel mileage, when im driving 55-60, I get 20 mpg. And when im driving freeway speeds 65-75, Ive gotten over 18 mpg. Thats really good considering its riding on oversized tires, with a pop up camper on top, and full time 4x4. Now that may not always be the case, it will vary with driving style, terrain and wind. But she cruises nicely on the freeway, 75-80 mph no problem.

Let me tell you what Ive done to it, and then Ill tell you its features:
New Toyota Front axle boots
New fan/ Alternator belts
New timing belt and tensioner, idler
Changed speedometer from Km readout to Miles (no guesswork on how fast your driving, however, the odometer does not read actual miles, it shows higher)
Rear differential locker (greatly improved traction)
Installed 29” BFG Ko2 tires
Replaced Thermostat
Flushed cooling system
Larger radiator fan
New Starter contacts
Pioneer stereo install w/ Bluetooth
Altimeter, Thermometer and compass pack install
4 amber LED off road lights
LED head lamps
Bright LED reverse flood light
Rear RV escape hatch window (opens for ventilation when parked)
Oil and fuel filter maintenance done recently
Diffs serviced with full synthetic oil
Front brakes done recently
2 gallon Roto-pax diesel container
Snorkle

Features:
Right hand drive (it was no problem transitioning to that, the hardest part is remembering which side of the vehicle to get in at)
Large Marine AGM battery
Glass headlights (no more yellowing!)
Front and rear AC/Heat (AC blows super Cold)
4 moon roofs!
Full size spare tire
Power windows
Power mirrors
USB ports on the dash
Large cup holder
Rear seats are reversible
Digital dash speedometer and odometer converted to MPH
It sits 4-5 comfortably and sleeps 2 adults comfortably. (I just removed the rooftop camper and storage box and adjusted the price accordingly)
New Mexico Clean Title = no hassle at the MVD

Camping drawer system and sleeping platform:
Custom built drawer system with 60” full extension locking drawer guides.
Lots of storage for food, cooking utensils, water, etc.
The propane stove is included. It features 20,000 btu burners for improved cooking at high elevation.
The drawers were designed to work with the Iceco JP40/ JP40 Pro refrigerator (there is a cooler in there for picture sake). Easily access the refrigerator without pulling out the drawer. This allows you to have the kitchen drawer fully deployed and have access to the fridge.
Platform folds out to a full 5’5” wide X 7’3” long sleeping platform. Lay the back seats down a little more and you can haul a full 4’ x 8’ sheet of plywood back there!
This will be a cash only sale. Must have insurance to test drive.
Im open to a cash/trade, but im very specific in what im after. Im interested in a Gen 1 Tundra 4x4, and or some type of pop up camper, like a 4 Wheel Camper.
Finally, while I was finishing this up, the windshield got a small crack 😔, therefore im leaving this open for negotiation.
View attachment 809211View attachment 809212
IMG_0347.jpeg
IMG_0349.jpeg
IMG_0294.jpeg
IMG_0295.jpeg
View attachment 809215
IMG_0297.jpeg
IMG_0301.jpeg
IMG_0303.jpeg
IMG_0302.jpeg
IMG_0305.jpeg
IMG_0304.jpeg