sr5sushi's 4runner build thread

sr5sushi

Helicopter Pilot
Hey guys,

So im new to the ExPo site. but not new to the expedition world. I got recommended this forum over on t4r.org.

I bought my 2001 4runner back in 2010 on the side of the road for 9,000 grand with 80000 miles on the clock. since then i have made it my own vehicle. :)

Exterior:
pretty simple...
-Windows Tinted 35% all the way around
-Dug reflector
-Window thingys
-De-badged
-HID Projector Retro Fit 6k
-Extended Diff Breather to gas filler housing
-TJM-15 Bumper
-Custom Roof Rack
-Kragen HID lights 7inch
-6' CB antenna
-Antenna mount in rear
-Taco "whip" mod
-Diamont k400 antenna bracket
-ARB 01-04 tacoma snorkel
-Custom full length rack with wind deflector
-Custom CB antenna bracket
-Gobi driver side ladder

Interior:
-Cobra CB Radio
-Marine Radio
-Yaesu FT-7900R 2m/70 band transceiver
-Volt gauge
-A Piller gauge pod
-Fire extinguisher
-spare tire 315/75/16 general grabber with fj rim
-cord wrap mod on "holy crap handles"

Suspension:
front
-OME Comfy shocks 90004's
-OME 881 Coils with top spacer
rear
-LC 8 wrap Coils
-LC OEM Shocks
-2 inch Toytec body lift
-1 inch Toytec Diff Drop
-Toytec Panhard drop Kit
-2nd gen 4runner rear swaybar links

Wheels/Tread
-Spidertrax Wheel Spacers 1.25"
-2007 FJ TRD Rims 16x7's
-315/75/16 General Grabber RED

Diff/Transmission:
-Precision Gear 4.88s
-E-locker

This is the day i brought her home, next to the wagon.
PUPandGRACEY.jpg

Current setup:
IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

Cool spot in North Carolina.
IMG_2555.jpg

So when wheeling in Georgia, i decided that it was time to look into some limb risors. So i went down to the local marine shop and picked up some stainless steel turn buckles and hardwear and made up some!
IMG_3554.jpg

IMG_3553.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

In the Marine Shop i also spotted this little guy...:p
IMG_3556.jpg

my girlfriend and I went for a little trip down south for a month and met up with a few forum members and hit the trails, we wanted to hit the beaches also in the carolinas and cumberland island little southern. We ended going back through the blue ridge parkway and back north. great trip!
IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

This was our map...
IMG_2574.jpg

OBX rules!!
IMG_2581.jpg

Last edited:

Derek24

Explorer
Right when I got myself to say my truck is good, and stop looking at 4runner's you post this! Awesome 4runner, it looks like a Tonka truck. Any rubbing with those tires? Looks great!

sandcrawler

Observer
your build is, in a word, sick. very nice work on your custom roof rack. i've always coveted those FJ TRD rims and they look super with the Grabber red letters. how did those tires do over the winter? (not much of a test this winter, i suppose, however...)

don't see a lot of other mainers on the forums. i mostly lurk here but just happened to be combing through your build on t4r last week so i thought i'd poke my head out and say "hey. nice rig!" :sombrero:

sr5sushi

Helicopter Pilot
your build is, in a word, sick. very nice work on your custom roof rack. i've always coveted those FJ TRD rims and they look super with the Grabber red letters. how did those tires do over the winter? (not much of a test this winter, i suppose, however...)

don't see a lot of other mainers on the forums. i mostly lurk here but just happened to be combing through your build on t4r last week so i thought i'd poke my head out and say "hey. nice rig!" :sombrero:

Thanks man so much! its been a big project. the tires didn't do to badd. your right, even though we didnt have much of a winter... :/

89s rule

Adventurer
Looks god, saw it posted over on T4R as well, I think, there are so many over there that all look so good.

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
I want your scooby, I already have the runner, so now I just need to get rid of my vdub n get a hawkeye wagon and i'll be set lol.

I like those red letters a lot! your rig looks good man

sr5sushi

Helicopter Pilot
I want your scooby, I already have the runner, so now I just need to get rid of my vdub n get a hawkeye wagon and i'll be set lol.

I like those red letters a lot! your rig looks good man

Thank you man. Hawkeyes are probably my favorite subaru. seems the most traditional of them all. good luck! i hope you get one!

RiverCityDave

красный октябрь
FOur Runner

Dude, very nice runner. You have some mad skills, I like the use of shrink wrap, and the little touches. How did you secure the 550 cord to the grab handles? I have a TON of that stuff, and I want to do mine.

Sometimes I wish I had bought a Runner I think its a little better for day to day stuff, and smaller trips, but with four kids I need the space the Cruiser gives me. I use a lot of climbing straps inside as grab handles, etc, I keep carabiners clipped into things where they won't get in the way or hit anyone so I can snap link my packs and bags in easy.

You have a super nice truck, I dig it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3