Starting from scratch on a new build

R1ck

I just bought a 2014 AWD Chevy Express 8 Passenger Van. I am hoping to upgrade it to a camping van, so some things are going to change.
I would appreciate any help anyone could give for what worked for you and source of parts. Here are some of the things I plan to do to start:
3 inch lift kit
32" tires
I want front and rear bumpers I can lift and pull from. I've seen a bunch but I don't want something massive, just good solid bumpers.
Rock Sliders.
I'm thinking these are the start. If there is anything else I need to do to get me off the road let me know.

grampswrx

Observer
Talk to Jeremy at weldtec designs. He will give you some options for a lift and what it will take to fit the tires you want. He’s super knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marret

Plus 1. They can build you a bumper, rock sliders, etc. They do lifts and 4wd conversions for the GM vans as well. I am not sure what lift options they have for 1500 vans, but I know they have them for 2500 and 3500 vans.

https://weldtecdesigns.com/

whith

Boulder Offroad has a kit that can add a couple inches to 1500 vans. Inexpensive and easily installed or cheap to have installed. Bumpers will be a bit more of a challenge and will likely need something custom.

bbbthreat

What's your build budget? Planning to fab anything yourself or just bolt on?

I don't think WeldTec has anything for the AWD vans, but they certainly have you covered with regards to rocksliders and bumpers. Everyone seems to be really happy with their build quality and service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven