STORM POOPER; 2007 AWD chevy express

Slapmackie

Observer
For one, I'm just checking to see if I'm seasoned enough to start posting threads!? Second, I just joined the conversion van revolution and I have tons of questions. Let's see if this will go up, here's a pic of when I picked up the Storm Pooper, bare bones!

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 102

Slapmackie

Observer
Sweet, looks like I'm in! Few Q's if anyone wants to chime in. I just bought a Traxda lift/level kit (1" rear, 2-3" front) and plan on installing it next weekend. Now I want to start shopping for wheels/tires that'll fit without any major modifications or cutting, what would be the largest size I could go to without having to do that? Next, I need a proper stereo and I'm thinking a double-din w/ a 6-7" screen so I can install a back-up camera. Anyone have something similar to this, if so what head unit/mountkit/wire harness did you do with or would recommend?
Already put a few exterior goodies on, going home here in a bit to install a go-rhino grill guard, post a pic of that as soon as I get it on. Should look pretty sweet. 14449741_10209378816218787_8409093798239685675_n.jpg

Wheeliee

very cool! Im new here too with a 3500 extended passenger storm pooper white. I recommend a shock upgrade and maybe a leveling kit to start! biggest wheels are 20x9's I believe after the leveling kit install but I don't recall tire size you need. That info is available here using the search function as well.

North

Observer
33" tire will fit, but rubbing/interference will depend on your wheel offset.

Also, I noticed in a different thread that you are looking to add a backup camera. I have a like new one that fits into the 3rd brake light spot that I decided not to use - let me know if you're interested..

Jb1rd

Explorer
Check out www.soundmanca.com and look at there iPad and Android kits. I am going to be sending my dash panel out to an authorized modifier that will incorporate a slider kit for an iPad mini as my stereo interface.

Slapmackie

Observer
33" tire will fit, but rubbing/interference will depend on your wheel offset.

Also, I noticed in a different thread that you are looking to add a backup camera. I have a like new one that fits into the 3rd brake light spot that I decided not to use - let me know if you're interested..

I am, and I'm totally interested! PM me

Slapmackie

Observer
very cool! Im new here too with a 3500 extended passenger storm pooper white. I recommend a shock upgrade and maybe a leveling kit to start! biggest wheels are 20x9's I believe after the leveling kit install but I don't recall tire size you need. That info is available here using the search function as well.

Right on, welcome! That's why I went with Traxda so I wouldn't have to invest in new shocks and all that. I'm not really wanting to go HUGE, but with the amount of lift I'm putting on the van I'm just curious as to how much bigger I can go with 1" in rear and leveling out the front 2-3"? Kinda want to keep it highway friendly with a little beefier look and tread that can handle forest roads and snow. Highly doubt I'll be doing anything extreme off-road wise.

straker101

Observer
Sweet, looks like I'm in! Few Q's if anyone wants to chime in. I just bought a Traxda lift/level kit (1" rear, 2-3" front) and plan on installing it next weekend. Now I want to start shopping for wheels/tires that'll fit without any major modifications or cutting, what would be the largest size I could go to without having to do that? Next, I need a proper stereo and I'm thinking a double-din w/ a 6-7" screen so I can install a back-up camera. Anyone have something similar to this, if so what head unit/mountkit/wire harness did you do with or would recommend?
Already put a few exterior goodies on, going home here in a bit to install a go-rhino grill guard, post a pic of that as soon as I get it on. Should look pretty sweet. View attachment 368972

I'm digging the tail lights. Thanks for the link.

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
It's easy to get carried away with tires- I would look for some pickup takeoff wheels with a good set of 265/75s already mounted. Bigger might look cool, but it really starts to rob power.

straker101

Observer
Right on, welcome! That's why I went with Traxda so I wouldn't have to invest in new shocks and all that. I'm not really wanting to go HUGE, but with the amount of lift I'm putting on the van I'm just curious as to how much bigger I can go with 1" in rear and leveling out the front 2-3"? Kinda want to keep it highway friendly with a little beefier look and tread that can handle forest roads and snow. Highly doubt I'll be doing anything extreme off-road wise.

Highly recommend going 265/70r17.
I wanted to go bigger at first, but glad I went with that size.

Slapmackie

Observer
Highly recommend going 265/70r17.
I wanted to go bigger at first, but glad I went with that size.

I just pulled the trigger on the exact same tires you have, Duratrac 265/70R17's and Ultra Gauntlet wheels 17x9's! I'm so glad I found you because I ordered the same traxda kit as you and was really unsure of what size to go with, once I saw your set up I was sold, looks so good! Here are the wheels I went with. Should have everything lifted and mounted next weekend..
ultra_truck_wheels_rims_237_238_gauntlet_black_5_lug_deep_std_org-1000.jpg

Slapmackie

Observer
It's easy to get carried away with tires- I would look for some pickup takeoff wheels with a good set of 265/75s already mounted. Bigger might look cool, but it really starts to rob power.

Thanks, yeah I never really wanted to get crazy with huge tires. I plan on doing quite a bit of driving in this thing over the next year and going with a MPG draining monster tire setup would just kill my funds. Straker101 was sellin tickets to the rock show and I bought one! Really like his setup, think it'll be the best look without breaking the bank gas wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete