Superu streamlining update

Superu

Explorer
The streamlining of Superu is coming along nicely. Everything but the solar cabin vent has been removed from the roof and 100+ lbs. of weight with it (including some of the extra recovery gear in the spare wheel well).

Two week average of mpg is 31.2. :D

Subie5.jpg

Decided to not haul the trailer on this year's trip to VT. So, the cargo box portion of the trailer will go on the roof for this trip. Wind resistance up, hassle of hauling trailer down. Will also make taking the bikes along easier as the existing Thule Parkway fold down hitch won't interfere with the trailer tongue.

Subie7.jpg

Working on an interior mount for the full sized spare using the spare tire attachment components from the roof rack. Will post up pics when it's ready.

Relocated the 170's

P7134271.JPG

The lights are mounted through the grill with the Surco light tabs and I drilled and cut a couple of rubber stops from the corners of some coil spring spacers I had lying around. The stops screw right up the bolts to the light fastening nut and rest against the bumper cover below to minimize vibration transfer to the lights. Seems to work rather well so far.

Bonus pic: Across the street from the house.

P7134273.JPG

Superu

Explorer
Here's what I know from July 1, 2008

Dave was away for the better part of a month in June.

Came back with the Flu.

Went to ship a bunch of kits and discovered my kit at the bottom of the pile.

Said he would ship it our via Air the following afternoon.

No further updates yet. Have my eyes wide open watching for it! :088:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat