T.L.C. California fj40...partial trade for ducati 749-999-1098S/R - $33500 (HOUSTON)

sgtusmc0311

SOLD

1982 FJ40....T.L.C. vehicle Stage 2 in 2004. I am the third owner since T.L.C. sold it and have all receipts since then. 1982 FJ40s have the higher gearing and are much more desirable since they are highway capable.

Built 1/82. Original 2F engine: (2F 606458) Mileage: 109,000. Compression: 160, 150, 152, 145, 145, 158 (excellent numbers). It has an OME 2.5” suspension lift with brand new front springs and bushings. The interior was Line-X'd by TLC and they did a great job. It has a full roll cage that connects to the stock rear cage. The headliner was replaced by TLC and still looks great. There is not a radio and the dash still has the original radio delete faceplate and was never cut. If you want to install a radio I have two spare door panels already cut with speakers ready to go...so you don't need to chop up the originals. The dash is in very good condition with one crack in the middle. Everything works as it should...including the Ramsey 9,000lb Winch!

The factory PS works great and has an aftermarket air cooler, which is a huge plus. The A/C (Vintage Air) cools the truck very well (just installed - 7/09) and uses the newer R134 Freon. Custom knobs from Andrew Maurer were installed for the A/C. This FJ40 has the optional center console complete with ash tray (never used) and working rear heater. It comes with two ‘82 owners manuals and Toyota Sales Flyer. One owners manual is a reprint the other is original and in excellent shape. The MT tires have about 60% tread remaining. The spare is new. At one time there was an aux fuel tank installed. It was removed for some reason, but the space required to replace it is still there. There are only a few spots of surface rust on the body. I attribute this to the dry climates it has spent all of its life. The paint is original, color code 033. The paint is in good condition with a little bit of cracking on the left front fender and the expected chips, dings, etc. here and there.

Master cylinder replaced, Entire exhaust system including CAT and muffler replaced, the transfer case was rebuilt, the transmission was opened and inspected and the clutch was replaced, multiple emission components were replaced, all tie rod ends replaced and front end aligned. All fluids were changed, including the front & rear differentials. Full engine tune up, carb rebuild, filters, valve adjustment, etc. Belts replaced. Brakes were inspected and are in good shape with plenty of life. Multiple cosmetic improvements including a new OEM front bumper and OEM rear bumperettes, new ultra bright dash bulbs from CCOT, CCOT rubber rear floor matt, new windshield etc etc. This FJ is turn-key. I drove it from California to Texas and it cruises 75mph comfortably (due to larger tires speedy at 65mph is actually 76mph tracked via GPS). New CA smog certificate in hand and ready to register in CA or it will easily pass in any other state.

USAA Credit Union holds Title. Payment would need to clear through USAA Credit Union before buyer could take title and vehicle possession. USAA is super easy and fast to work with!!!!! (If you are former military I highly recommend them to be your bank)

P7130596.jpg

P7130602.jpg

P7130604.jpg

P7130600.jpg

P7130599.jpg

P7130591.jpg

P7130590.jpg

P7130585.jpg

$33,500 Best Reasonable Offer PRICE DROP $28,500!!!!!!....

Last edited:

sgtusmc0311

Price Drop +$1,000 of work done

OK.....put $1,000 of work into it so new owner will not need to worry about:

Javier's Auto Unlimited (AKA Gulf Coast Crawl Shop):
Just had 4 brand new Old Man Emu shocks installed (rides much smoother now)
Just had brand new brake lines installed (old ones where starting to show signs of age)

Also, another price drop $28,500:smiley_drive:

FJLED

Adventurer
Nice pictures...thats my old apartment building in the background there on sabine st. & you even got my office in one of the other pictures!

Good luck with the sale.

sgtusmc0311

Nice pictures...thats my old apartment building in the background there on sabine st. & you even got my office in one of the other pictures!

Good luck with the sale.

Very cool, Sabine is a great place to run, bike and enjoy Houston's parks:victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven