Tactical Armor Group 95.5-04 Tacoma Rear Swing Out Bumper......thoughts???

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted on here. Been looking at people's posts lately and think it's time my Tacoma gets a little more "expedition attention"' vs the hauling gravel and usual town stuff it does lol.

What are people's opinions on the Tacticle Armor Group rear swing out bumper/tire carrier for the Tacoma? Anyone have one or have any experience with them?? They seem pretty decent for the price (I know it's still a lot of money). I would get it with the Hi-lift jack mount, single has can mount and probably a CB antenna mount...CB antenna is already on the truck but I figure what the heck..might as well just add it on in case I wanted to re locate it. I think I would like To add a flip down table behind the tire for a camp stove and kitchen setup. I've looked at the CBI bumpers and they are nice but a little farther up on my price range.

Here's the link to the website for the bumper and carrier.

https://tacticalarmorgroup.com/TAG-Bumper-Store/MultiCarrier-Toyota-Tacoma-19955-2004

Thanks everyone and I look forward to your replies!! :)

ghostmoney

Adventurer
Search around and you will find countless people that have had numerous issues with their bumpers. Usually they are way beyond the quoted time frames, and the bumpers fitment is never 100%

justinh

Observer
Don't just walk, RUN. This has been going on for years with Nissan and Toyota enthusiasts.

I'm local to them and wouldn't consider them based on how badly things have gone for online customers over the year (that and most of their bumpers that I see around town are just flat ugly, but that's my opinion).

A.Wilson013

Adventurer
Tactical Armor Group has been around for years. Well, the people behind Tactical Armor Group have been. Their name however, seems to change every few years as they get a worse and worse reputation.

I know for a fact they've gone by Kennesaw Mountain Accessories and Blue Lake Offroad. Often times they'll go by just the acronym of their name. TAG, KMA, and BLO.

Give Nathan at CBI a call. He's a great guy to work with.

Here's their BBB page...
http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/auto-customizing/tactical-armor-group-in-douglasville-ga-27431506

Cliff notes... "F" rating.
27 complaints filed against business
Failure to respond to 24 complaints filed against business.

ol' scott

Adventurer
Yep, run from them. I was semi-local so I took a chance. The guy (Kyle?) is exceptionally hard to work with once he gets your money. He is beyond shady, even ignoring a court order to give me what I'd paid for.

Wow you are all saying the same thing......ok everyone thank you for your replies...Ill definitely consider other options then. I like the CBI bumpers it's just almost double the money...but I suppose you get what you pay for.

I bet if you contacted CBI they would bring your bumper to the Overland Rally to Plain WA in June to save on shipping! If you can wait that long?!?!

soonenough

Explorer
I'll put in another vote for CBI. I have their Bushmaster rear bumper w/ swingout on my '08 Tacoma and the quality of their work is incredible. Zero fitment issues whatsoever and Nathan is easy to work with. I had some custom work done on mine and they did it at a very reasonable price, plus they were on time with their delivery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad