Check out the new TruckHouse Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO expedition vehicle. One-piece carbon fiber-reinforced composite cabin and plenty of performance upgrades.
TruckHouse BCT, the most adventure ready vehicle built for the intrepid nomad.
1) Looks good!
2) It's surely over GVWR....
3) Frame and axle are both beefed up so probably ok... but door sticker sticklers won't be happy.
4) Toyota probably won't be happy either. Warranty?
5) Base price (not as shown above) is $285k... ouch. Does that include the truck? Because they mention assisting you with the purchase of the truck.
6) No address.
7) $50k deposit. Non refundable.
8) Has a prototype even been built?
9) Very light on details.
10) Who are these guys? Why should we trust that they can deliver?
After seeing what can happen to a $50k deposit even when dealing with a well established and respected company, this seems risky as hell. Is this kind of thing normal?
Even if it's legit, why would you pick this over a rig that uses a more heavy duty base truck and costs about the same or less?... like Nimbl, Earthcruiser, Adventure Truck, AT Overland, Bahn, etc?