Trooper Factory Stereo

Pritch

I am considering getting an iPod/Sirius-ready stereo for the Trooper, and was wondering if anyone knew what the power output is for the stock Trooper stereo, and what the stock speakers are capable of handling. Thanks.

AZTrooper

Adventurer
I personally have never been a big fan of stock stereos. I'm a firm believer and advocate of getting a new head unit and speakers.(it could be because I installed stereos for a living a while back) But, to get the kind of sound you may be looking for, you'll definately need to get a new head unit, new speakers, and an amplifier to run those nice new speakers. That would be the ideal upgrade. I don't believe the factory deck has the necessary connections for aftermarket electronic gear. I could be wrong though.

A picture of my head unit.
IMG_0773.jpg

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
I'm running an Alpine head and I can say that the stock speakers can handle it, but they are not good, especially the rear ones. Right now I just have a cheap set of Polks in the front doors along with factory tweeters and rear 4" speakers and I would rate it a solid C-.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal