Troubleshooting Help: Powering CFX50 with GZ Yeti 1400 Lithium

Theshwed

Hey all - anyone have experience powering a fridge cooler with a Goal Zero Yeti? I have the CFX50 and I am attempting to run it off the GZ Yeti 1400 Lithium. I am using the power pole connectors with about 12 feet of 10awg run to a cigarette outlet and am plugging in the 12v CFX cable to that. The unit powers up but gives the orange low voltage flash and won't turn the compressor on. The Yeti is charged to about 75%.

I can plug the fridge into the wall outlet in the house and it works fine.
I can plug the fridge directly to the 120V outlet on the Yeti and it works fine.
This tells me it's likely in my wiring setup. 10awg should be overkill. Should I ditch the cigarette plug and direct wire? Is it something about the power delivery of 12VDC that will limit the Yeti usage to a higher charge level? Thoughts?

b. rock

Have you taken a multimeter and measured the actual voltage at both locations? That's probably step 1 here before you start doing any more guessing.

PeteRissler

The Yeti only puts out 10.8v. You'll need this cable to get 12v.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Hey all - anyone have experience powering a fridge cooler with a Goal Zero Yeti? I have the CFX50 and I am attempting to run it off the GZ Yeti 1400 Lithium. I am using the power pole connectors with about 12 feet of 10awg run to a cigarette outlet and am plugging in the 12v CFX cable to that. The unit powers up but gives the orange low voltage flash and won't turn the compressor on. The Yeti is charged to about 75%.

I can plug the fridge into the wall outlet in the house and it works fine.
I can plug the fridge directly to the 120V outlet on the Yeti and it works fine.
This tells me it's likely in my wiring setup. 10awg should be overkill. Should I ditch the cigarette plug and direct wire? Is it something about the power delivery of 12VDC that will limit the Yeti usage to a higher charge level? Thoughts?
I would post this in Power Systems: 12v, Solar, Gen. section.

b. rock

The Yeti only puts out 10.8v. You'll need this cable to get 12v.

Seriously? I wasn't wildly impressed with their expensive little cubes, but even less so now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3