Twelve days of Baja dust.

nandopedal

The usual suspects join me on another Baja run, we crossed the border at Tecate and headed East towards the mountains where the wonderful overland routes awaited View attachment 279891 we end the day at Roca la Lobera above Colonet, over the next couple of days work our way down the coast towards Punta San Carlos and a mandatory detour to explore "Las Pintas" a very interesting petroglyph and fossil filled canyon.
IMG_1925.jpg IMG_1924.jpg
Next we headed to "El Marmol" the site of a very extensive onyx mining that died after WWII with the advent of plastics. What supposedly was the only school house in the world made out of onyx blocks IMG_1943.jpg
A couple of miles down the road brings you to an onyx factory or I guess I should say a nature factory complete with cold soda springs IMG_1960.jpg and large blocks of onyx in its natural state IMG_1964.jpg
Spent a night at Catavina with the anticipation of a 17 mile track to Mission Santa Maria that awaited us with all it's challenges, half the way into it you come across a "Summit" that offers views of the Sea of Cortez IMG_1995.jpg
What is left of the mission adobe walls IMG_2000.jpg Stay tuned for Part 2.

Attachments

• IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete