All my life I’ve been looking for the ultimate camp shoe. Still haven’t found it. What are your favorites? Let’s limit the choices a bit:
Summer and fall conditions
1. Easy to slip on when climbing down from the RTT in the middle of the night to take a leak. Collapsible heel seems like a good feature.
2. No “mesh” so that dirt and dust doesn’t come right through the fabric
3. Withstand walking through damp leaves or low grass without soaking through.
4. Sturdy enough to walk to the latrine and back or to gather firewood near camp.
5. Comfortable enough that you get that “ahhhhhh…” feeling when changing out of your tall, heavy hunting boots.
For winter conditions I’ve found a pair of low-rise muck boots are my favorite but I have not found the ideal summer-in-the-Sierras or winter-in-the-desert pair of camp shoes.
The Teva Ember Moc is close but too delicate (see criterion #4) and I don’t need insulation (Western summer and early fall)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk