Unicat Americas news

haven

Expedition Leader
The Unicat built on an International MXT chassis turned out great.
Then Navistar decided to build the MXT for millitary customers only.

I asked Avi Meyers, CEO of Unicat Americas, about his plans for
a smaller Unicat. Avi tells me that he is looking at the Dodge 5500
chassis/cab with 6.7L Cummins diesel to replace the MXT.

The 2009 Dodge 1500 has a new crew cab design that has the same
passenger space as the Ford four door cab. It will take a year or
two before this larger cab is available on the Dodge 3500/4500/5500.
When it is available, I think people who need seats for 4 or 5 will prefer
the Dodge to the Ford.

Avi also passed along a photoshopped image that shows the Unicat
on International 7400 chassis with "survivalist" paint job.

survivalist-unicat.jpg

Make mine "Mossy Oak Break Up" please!

Chip Haven

Sleeping Dog

Adventurer
Dodge?

Given that the future of Dodge and the rest of Chrysler LLC is so up in the air, I wouldn't invest a dime in developing on the 5500 platform.

My two cents.

Jim

Octamog

Observer
jfm_stl said:
Given that the future of Dodge and the rest of Chrysler LLC is so up in the air, I wouldn't invest a dime in developing on the 5500 platform.

My two cents.

Jim

I think that could apply to Ford and GM as well! A friend was wearing a Ford baseball cap the other day... I asked him how much he paid for it. He replied -- "about $10". I told him he could've bought 5 shares of stock in the company for the same amount!

:wings:

haven

Expedition Leader
I think Dodge's truck division is one of the few parts of Chrysler that's worth money to a prospective buyer. (Jeep is the other part.)

I think Renault/Nissan will be the buyer, but these days anything could happen.

Chip Haven

edit: oops, bloomberg is reporting that talks between Chrysler and Renault have broken off,
leaving GM as the only suitor left. GM could still sell off Dodge after they purchase it from Cerberus,
the holding company that owns Chrysler.

Olvamoni

Action Mobil

Hello Guys,

If you like nice trucks, have a look at this www.actionmobil.com
They can also delivery bodies on small trucks for the US market
My point of view, unicat+MXT it's a fake.
Earthroamer make it better lighter, cheaper, faster ....

Doin_It

Adventurer
Olvamoni - you don't work for Actionmobil do you, your 3 and only posts direct one to them and sort of call the others down.......ouch.

avimeyers

Unicat MXT

Hi,
The Unicat MXT is real! It was built to my specs and I recently returned from a 30-day trip with it through France, Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. It's a gorgeous and comfortable machine. It is currently getting some upgrades and finishing touches and will be shipped to the US at the end of January.

Avi Meyers
CEO, UnicatAmericas, Inc.

boblynch

Adventurer
Future options?

Avi, with no new Unimogs in sight, the MXT a military only vehicle, and Dodge possibly going under, what are your thoughts on future platform options for Unicat? Would love to see more North American options, but things are not looking very promising in the short term. Would be very interested in your thoughts.

Bob

btggraphix

Observer
avimeyers said:
Hi,
The Unicat MXT is real! It was built to my specs and I recently returned from a 30-day trip with it through France, Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. It's a gorgeous and comfortable machine. It is currently getting some upgrades and finishing touches and will be shipped to the US at the end of January.

Avi Meyers
CEO, UnicatAmericas, Inc.

Someone posted pictures of that MXT of yours in Spain or somewhere - it looked great though I can't seem to find that thread.

Those rigs you build sure are sweet. Seems like the International 7300 is the chassis of choice still for US-based rigs for you guys.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach