unknown switch.

trooper8807

One of the blank switch locations near the parking break has a wiring harness ran to it. Im curious on what might these go to.!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Have to check on my 96SR and will try to post an answer based on it if I don't see one this evening.

The one just in front and below the arm rest (on the incline section of the center console) is for the 3 way shock adjustment. You can see the mode it's in by checking your gauge cluster (soft, medium, or hard).

IIRC, there's also another one on the bottom horizontal area next to the shifter that controls your transmission shifting (normal, hold, or sport). Normal, is just that... normal shifting. "Hold" lets the transmission start in 2nd gear rather than first for low traction situations (snow/ice, etc.). "Sport" lets it shift more aggressively by letting the engine rev higher before shifting.

That's all I can recall right now... sorry I didn't get a chance to post this earlier.

trooper8807

Yeah I have those switches but this dosent have a switch its just a blank off like the one next to the shock adjusted.

You have to pop it out ad the harness is attached to the blank off. I believe it is real close to the break lever but I will have to check when I get home and snap a picture or two.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Yeah I have those switches but this dosent have a switch its just a blank off like the one next to the shock adjusted.

You have to pop it out ad the harness is attached to the blank off. I believe it is real close to the break lever but I will have to check when I get home and snap a picture or two.

If you don't have the adjustable shock option, there will be a block off in it's place.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
IIRC thats where the switch for the seat heaters go. I've never seen one in a Gen 2 (not that that means much LOL) but I know the Winter Package in the Gen 2.5 has them.

trooper8807

I do have the shocks. The location is right to the left of the cigarette lighter. He heated seat would make sence. Is no one else finding the harnness?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven