Utah Isuzu Trooper II - Diesel!

Michael Slade

Untitled
That is a sweet truck, but seems really REALLY expensive for what you are getting. I never thought I'd see the day that a Trooper is worth more than a Range Rover of similar vintage...we'll see if it sells.

jingram

Adventurer
The ONLY reason it is expensive is because it is a diesel. I have seen diesel models going for up to $6500 in the PNW. I have absolutely no idea why. It is too bad the trooper wasn't a bit more mainstream for a diesel conversion. I see clean versions going for $500-$1000 all of the time. I had a gasser that looked almost exactly like that one in the picture and loved it! It was just short on power. Very utilitarian though... great little rig.

Rozzi

Adventurer
The ONLY reason it is expensive is because it is a diesel. I have seen diesel models going for up to $6500 in the PNW. I have absolutely no idea why. It is too bad the trooper wasn't a bit more mainstream for a diesel conversion. I see clean versions going for $500-$1000 all of the time. I had a gasser that looked almost exactly like that one in the picture and loved it! It was just short on power. Very utilitarian though... great little rig.

True. Biodiesel folks went crazy for these in the Seattle area about 1-2 years ago. Market is kind of soft now. Heck, even a Mercury Topaz diesel was sought after. Imagine that. :ylsmoke: I'd take an old Trooper gasser for cruising logging roads.

o2bin4lo

T/D Trooper

That trooper in Hyde Park looks very nice, I checked the link and it has been sold. However for those of you who have wanted one, I've got an 1986 T/D
for sale. Not nearly as nice, but not nearly as much $$$
186,000 miles. 2 door. It's been out here in the wild, wild west for a long time. Sun faded paint, no rust. Dash pad is fried.
I put in a new clutch and alternator, new BFG's
Runs well, just a bit under powered.
1500.00$
located in Albuquerque, NM

Attachments

• trooper 001.jpg
    trooper 001.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 264
  • trooper 003.jpg
    trooper 003.jpg
    570.4 KB · Views: 200
  • trooper details 3 017.jpg
    trooper details 3 017.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 192

Rot Box

Explorer
Hyde Park is only a few miles from me. The seller must have just taken those pictures without prepping or cleaning it because that Trooper was unbelievably clean in person. I have seen it around and drooled over it a few times in the past.

Although 5K does seem like a lot to me too... To each their own :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad