VW Synchro sedan..

tamangel

Adventurer
Saw this last year in Barcelona..

had the model brand 'synchro' on the back panel..

looks nice,

Mike

chet

island Explorer
they are called a golf sycnro cross country. kinda wierd lookin things.! There was an imported one for sale here around a month ago. it even had a rear swing away tire carrier! I guess cause the syncro drive took up the spare location? From what I can gather they have a modded passat syncro drive train in them.

lowenbrau

Explorer
Ever since I saw them in Europe in the early 90s I thought they'd be an ideal vehicle for daily use. One of the reasons many people use SUVs is just in case of bad weather, rough roads etc. One of these sychro golfs could go anywhere that any of today's undersized stock SUVs could. With the turbo diesel it could do so getting 40 MPG.

HINO SG

Adventurer
chet said:
they are called a golf sycnro cross country.

From what I can gather they have a modded passat syncro drive train in them.

Actually, it was just the _Country_, and a Syncro drivetrain was an option on both the Golf and Jetta as standard sedans/hatchbacks w/o the Country package towards the end of the Mk.2 model run (but only in Germany and maybe a couple other markets).

I never got the impression that the Country was available as a turbodiesel, but I don't really know. Theoretically, in say- 1989, it should have been possible to order a Golf Syncro 1.6TD.

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
My 2wd Vw's went alot of places you couldn't get a new suv, those County Syncro's would be really fun. MKII's are just so sexy, makes me miss my Jetta.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3