Warn 9.5ti in multi-mount

Ron B

Explorer
a friend of mine sold his H2 a few years back. He held onto this winch thinking he might use it...and never did.

So, it is a Warn 9.5ti in a multi mount with 125 ft of cable that has never been used and has been collecting dust in his garage for 5 years.

a description:
http://www.warn.com/truck/winches/src/95ti_multimount.shtml

pm me and I can put you in touch with him.

Ron B

Attachments

• winch1.jpg
    winch1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 117

Ron B

Explorer
I'm just the messenger. And it's "OBO" (I don't remember typing "firm" after the $). Maybe I'm doing this wrong? When one sells stuff maybe start low and hope people offer you higher? :sombrero: I know his number is a starting point.

PM me links for this winch at similar prices and I will gladly forward them to him.

Ron B

Explorer
http://www.clemson4wheel.com/browse.cfm/warn-9.5ti-winch/4,3208.html $990 with free shipping but it doesn't have the mount.

I feel bad for your friend as being an H2 owner he probably got screwed on the purchase. I wouldn't doubt it if he paid 2k for it.

yep -- he got it from the dealer and probably paid msrp (check the link for that pain). I had one for a while as well, but like the owner of this one I never used it (but I sure felt better having it). I have a milemarker 12k in my H1 now but miss the quality/speed of Warn.

I also checked 4 wheel parts -- looks like the same winch with the mount is $1,223 (including the $75 mail in rebate). I have seen them advertised a tiny bit cheaper but tax is not included.

luk4mud

Explorer
I'm just the messenger. And it's "OBO" (I don't remember typing "firm" after the $). Maybe I'm doing this wrong? When one sells stuff maybe start low and hope people offer you higher? :sombrero: I know his number is a starting point.

PM me links for this winch at similar prices and I will gladly forward them to him.

You're being too kind a friend. Usually folks do a little research and then appropriately price an item based upon its age, condition and current new sales price.:costumed-smiley-007 Your friend is being more than a bit lazy.

Ron B

Explorer
You're being too kind a friend. Usually folks do a little research and then appropriately price an item based upon its age, condition and current new sales price.:costumed-smiley-007 Your friend is being more than a bit lazy.

he is not internet savvy and I love the portal -- plus I am here everyday anyways! He and I were not in complete agreement about the price so I put it down for what he wanted thinking people would assume this was a starting point to negotiate from and not a rock solid number. I was wrong.

fishEH

Explorer

Agreed. The start low and go higher approach is best left for ebay. Tell your friend to come up with an asking price.

alexrex20

Explorer
there's one for sale locally for $900 brand new. see, it's actually cheaper than current resale value. that's how it works.

luk4mud

Explorer
If it helps your friend at all, here is what I know about used Warn winches sold locally:

-Bought mine (Warn 12.0) well used last year for $300. Needed some work and a new syn line. I'm in for about $600 total. New price is +-$1400
-Picked up a "used" 9.5ti (not multimount) for a buddy for $600, 2 years old but in essentially new conidition. New price is +-$1200

So a good condition Warn with servicable line seems like it goes for about 1/2 the current new price, maybe a little more since its a Warn (although I like my old Superwinch better).

HTH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven