Water Jug Question

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Does anyone know where to find these 5gal Coleman water jugs in any other color besides blue?

ford-rear-galley-box.jpg

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
Since they are going to get very dirty in that location, perhaps a cover would make sense. This would keep them clean (otherwise the spouts will get covered in crud) and it would also hide the blue color if that is your goal. It would also protect the containers from UV damage.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Since they are going to get very dirty in that location, perhaps a cover would make sense. This would keep them clean (otherwise the spouts will get covered in crud) and it would also hide the blue color if that is your goal. It would also protect the containers from UV damage.
They're for shower water, so they get drained into the Zodi anyways. Not a big concern for the crud and UV.

The blue color just bugs the crap out of me. Hence my current nato cans being all tan and marked for fuel and water.

I've seen various "water" jugs in white, clear or sand.. but never this particular style.

Just figured i'd post to see if anyone ever found them in a different color.. you never know.

bucketosudz

Explorer
Those are the RELIANCE Aqua-tainer jugs, and If I am not mistaken they produce very little in any other color than clear and blue. The Desert Patrol container they make is in a Desert Tan, but alas it is not in the same style.

Edit:
LostWorld and I must have been typing at the same time, sorry for the duplicate effort.

Those look a lot like the Reliance 7 gallon water containers. I bought one on sale I think for 15 bucks at Cabela's.

$12 at Wally World or Sportsman's Warehouse.

I bought a couple of them and mine were labeled that they didn't contain any of the toxic plastic ingredient (I've forgatton what it was) that leaches into potable water from plastic containers.

Last edited:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I'm aware of where to get both brands, in fact i have a Coleman unit myself. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen any other colors..

thanks for the replies guys, keep it coming..

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Scenic, that's cool and all...and i respect the effort to find something... but not the same jug.
know where to get those as well.... those are way taller than the one i listed.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

And I thought I was picky... :coffeedrink:

....LOL

And I thought he just didn't like blue. I actually thought this was a very cool water jug, and I am now interested in one myself! I was thinking with the tall narrow/slim look, one could stack more side by side.

In the future, I promise to pay much more attn. to details!

Not Blue....but still Phat! Got it!

Now just where is my "pay more attn. to details smilie" when I need him>?!!!:sombrero:

....carry on!

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Sorry gentlemen .. didn't mean to be picky..... lol

Hey does anyone know of any paint that you can use on plastic? that might work! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alpinedreams