What do you guys think of this Montero?

zukrider

Explorer
agree on color. and it has the locker. seems like a great deal. service history would be a selling point.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Love that color!

Do these having a timing belt? Is there a history? If not, how much $ to perform the the complete timing belt, water pump service?

Looks nice. I dated a nice looking girl once... long story - be careful! :)

speedtre

Explorer
I put a deposit down on it, going to pick it up friday. :smiley_drive:

I just bought a '99 and I looked high and low before I did and based on my research, unless that one has something wrong with it, even at the asking price you got a GREAT deal. Congrats!

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I just bought a '99 and I looked high and low before I did and based on my research, unless that one has something wrong with it, even at the asking price you got a GREAT deal. Congrats!

I ended up getting it for $4500. The Car Fax checked out great, no problems at all. Even has brand new tires. :wings:

zukrider

Explorer
nice! congrats and post up when you get it. how far is the journey for you?

mine is 1400 miles, but im taking the scenic route back! :smiley_drive:

Clem

Adventurer
Hello,

I'm new to the forum...Congrats on finding a unique Monty.

@ Jeff@QuadShop and @ zukrider

Seems that you were able to negotiate a great price, but I'm curious of your travel costs to retrieve the vehicle. I'm in the market and looking at the total cost of acquiring a Monty (vehicle price plus travel costs).

Thanks in advance! (hijack over :))

Clem

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Hello,

Seems that you were able to negotiate a great price, but I'm curious of your travel costs to retrieve the vehicle. I'm in the market and looking at the total cost of acquiring a Monty (vehicle price plus travel costs).

Clem

I'm driving so it's just the cost of gas.

zukrider

Explorer
Hello,

Clem

well i started by using a craiglist multi search on my phone. i was turned to searchtempest.com by off-roader here. it works really great. i probably hassled over 30 sellers before i found a good buy, and more importantly, because its out of state, a good seller. my seller is awesome, and really easy to work with on the out of state thing.

passed that, i set up a plane ride one way a week and a half in advance which put my ticket in the $125 range. im taking a longer route home than is necessary, around 1400 miles instead of 1100, but this for me is an adventure. ive lived in colorado all my life and never been to the SW part of the state. not passed gunnison anyway. so this is fine by me.

with an estimated bad fuel mileage in the 14-15 range, and fuel at $5 a gallon, i will be in the $500 fuel range. $23 to stay at a KOA in Bernalillo, and $50 to stay at a motel in gunnison.

this is all a bit passed the budget i wanted to maintain, but ill live with it. its still cheaper than my original plan to buy in north cali/oregan and drive to the rubicon and yosemite NP.

all in all i expect to have a lot of fun on this trip.

good luck with your search.

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
well i started by using a craiglist multi search on my phone. i was turned to searchtempest.com by off-roader here. it works really great. i probably hassled over 30 sellers before i found a good buy, and more importantly, because its out of state, a good seller. my seller is awesome, and really easy to work with on the out of state thing.

passed that, i set up a plane ride one way a week and a half in advance which put my ticket in the $125 range. im taking a longer route home than is necessary, around 1400 miles instead of 1100, but this for me is an adventure. ive lived in colorado all my life and never been to the SW part of the state. not passed gunnison anyway. so this is fine by me.

with an estimated bad fuel mileage in the 14-15 range, and fuel at $5 a gallon, i will be in the $500 fuel range. $23 to stay at a KOA in Bernalillo, and $50 to stay at a motel in gunnison.

this is all a bit passed the budget i wanted to maintain, but ill live with it. its still cheaper than my original plan to buy in north cali/oregan and drive to the rubicon and yosemite NP.

all in all i expect to have a lot of fun on this trip.

good luck with your search.

Gas out there is $5 a gallon??? :Wow1: It's $2.97 here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven