Wheel adapters ?

jjstahl3

Explorer
I have a trailer with 5x4.75 and currently wheel adapters to a early 90's range rover bolt pattern but I want to goto my defenders pattern of 5x6.5 - I think the bolts need to be 16mmx1.5 but what else or does anyone know someone to make some wheel adapters in LA/Orange County

Attachments

• Photo Jun 14, 3 49 58 PM (HDR).jpg
    Photo Jun 14, 3 49 58 PM (HDR).jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 12

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
You might give Adventure Trailers a call if you don't get a response here. I needed a set of adapters a year and a half ago when I bought my trailer, and they were able to get me a set. This was just before they moved to Prescott, and I'm pretty sure their source was somewhere in SoCal.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Jay:
Aside from the Conqueror which was much less expensive, ... I had adaptors made for an M type military trailer to match Land Rover Alloys when I had my D90 and did a trailer painted to match.
These guys did the adaptors that looked much like the ones you show in the picture: http://www.performancewheel.com/

Hope that helps. This was about 4 years ago and the adaptors were about $190.00

Dendy

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Early 90s RRC is the same as Defender, Series, and D-I... If it is mid/late 90s it would be P38 and match D-II.

Snagger

Explorer
As Rovertrader said, all RRCs and Defenders share the same stud pattern and threads. The only problem you could encounter is stud length if you're fitting very thick wheels.

It is the DII, P38, D3/4, RRS and L322 that differ, but LR Series II and III, Defender, Discovery I and RRC can all swap steel wheels (except for Rostyles onto Series - the hub is too deep). I think the studs may have been different for the Series Is, but I'm not sure.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
We have 2" adapters made that can go from 5 on 4.75 to 5 on 6.5. The adapters are $275.00 plus the cost of the Land Rover wheel studs. If you are interested send me an e mail and I can set it up for you. martyn at adventuretrailers dot com

jjstahl3

Explorer
yes they are older range rover rims on there now - see photo

thanks everyone for the input

what I know

existing hub is 5 x 4.75 looks like .5 inch studs

need to goto

5 x 6.5 16mm x 1.5 studs for 1995 land rover defender wheels

Photo Jun 20, 9 43 33 AM.jpg

talked to Fred he sound very confident going to see him wednesday

martyn - thanks for the reply i think I found a local guy but if it doesnt work out I send you a email

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven