Where do you guys buy tires?

PacS14

Adventurer
Well I'm looking for new tires for my 2004 F-250 4x4, I know not a Mitsubishi, but I'd figured I ask here where I'm more active, or have you guys heard of a sale going on somewhere?

dreadlocks

TireRack, but I have a distribution center in town so its just order and go pickup.

For mounting I have a mobile guy who stops by in a cargo truck, he does em in my driveway and I can enjoy a beer and chat him up/check his work without burning an hour or more in a smelly tire shop waiting room.. he'll actually go pick em up from warehouse if I want so I dont even have to leave my house to get new shoes put on.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I always check TireRack.com and TireBuyer.com, but usually I just go to Big-O-Tires. However, Big-O doesn't carry Falken Wildpeak AT3's, so I have to go to American Tire Depot for those. At $124/tire, mounted, they are pretty reasonable.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Easiest and best approach is you type the tire name and size into the ebay search and filter by lowest to highest price, but watch what happens when you add to cart because some have taxes added to the price listed, so do not just click the buy it now until after you click add to cart to make sure there are no hidden fees/taxes.

Discount Tire Direct has always been the best bet for me, usually no shipping, cheaper than any of the other on-line retailers, plus you can take them to a Discount Tire store and they will mount and balance for $19.95/ea as if you had bought them there.

Dino6912

Well I'm looking for new tires for my 2004 F-250 4x4, I know not a Mitsubishi, but I'd figured I ask here where I'm more active, or have you guys heard of a sale going on somewhere?
I seem to be stuck America’s Tire (affectionately stated). I like their pricing, they price match, stores are everywhere and most importantly, because they have so many locations I travel with confidence when it come to warrany/flat tire repair.

Dean

rruff

Explorer
Discount Tire Direct has always been the best bet for me

I bought my fat 35s there (Hankook ATMs, 325/65r18), and wheels too. Mount, balance, and shipping all free. Price matched Amazon. Plus got $325 in rebates on the Labor Day sale. Think it came to ~$1250 after rebates.

NorthCounty

I buy most from America's / Discount Tire. I've done Ebay, 4Wheel Parts and Costco before as well. I'm a sucker for the BFG's so usually depends on where I can get best rebate or benefit. Picked up the KM3's when they 1st came out from 4Wheel Parts (BFG deal/promo) then took them to America's / Discount Tire for mount and balance. America's / Discount Tire has stores all over the country and typically easier to work with on price matching - I have found.

I have also picked up some really good tires on Craigslist. Folks are sizing up / down from time to time and wanting some cash to buy the desired new size. I'm not too proud to roll a used mud or all-terrain. The minute a tire hits the ground it is used. Craigslist takes time and being patient that's why I regularly check even if not needing it right now. A $1200-1400 set of new tires from a retailer that is picked up on Craigslist for say $600ish with 80-90% tread is a no-brainer in my book.

OMAdv

Always discount tire. Just down the street and I like the lifetime balance when a weight gets knocked off. I'll pay a few bucks extra if needed but they are usually the lowest or they price match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat