Who is using vectors dash mount

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Sitting here watching Canada mop up Sweden for the gold, and working on my GPS setup for the upcoming season. I am wanting to mount a Delorme earth mate , in reach she, and a digital camera on the vector dash mount, any issues with this?

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

jomobco

Now Decanter
I've got the 2011 JKE dock from them. Simple and works great. I hang a couple of iPhones and a go pro without issue. I use RAM mounts for these.

kojackJKU

That's what I wanted to hear. Perfect. I have a 2011. I'm just mounting my Sony p&s on it as waterproof is not necessary there.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

h20squirter

Supreme Allied Commander
I'm currently waiting for them to release the extended version for the 2012+ and then I will have one installed in my JKU. Will be using RAM mounts for a cellphone and my 10" tablet for now, will add a SPOT and GoPro as funds allow.

Septu

Explorer
dstock has one. I ended up ordering a new grab bar from Carolina Metal Masters today (should be here in a few weeks). With the engraving I wanted, price was $200. Expensive, but I feel this is the sturdiest RAM Mount option for me on the market. I might go with something like this for a gopro or other things in the future... but for now, all I need it for is my tablet (Nexus 7).

When trying to decide which way I was going to go, I was talking to him. Here's some of the pictures I got from him (hopefully he doesn't mind)

i-4BmBHRG-M.jpg

i-wvZcKQd-M.jpg

i-zmqjV3t-M.jpg

i-kVXrKkj-M.jpg

i-xGTX2J6-M.jpg

h20squirter

Supreme Allied Commander
dstock has one. I ended up ordering a new grab bar from Carolina Metal Masters today (should be here in a few weeks). With the engraving I wanted, price was $200. Expensive, but I feel this is the sturdiest RAM Mount option for me on the market. I might go with something like this for a gopro or other things in the future... but for now, all I need it for is my tablet (Nexus 7).

When trying to decide which way I was going to go, I was talking to him. Here's some of the pictures I got from him (hopefully he doesn't mind)

i-4BmBHRG-M.jpg

i-wvZcKQd-M.jpg

i-zmqjV3t-M.jpg

i-kVXrKkj-M.jpg

i-xGTX2J6-M.jpg

Really nice setup here, almost exactly what I am doing to be doing with mine. I am holding out for the longer bars for even more room for random stuff. lol. :REOutArchery02:

dstock

Explorer
Really nice setup here, almost exactly what I am doing to be doing with mine. I am holding out for the longer bars for even more room for random stuff. lol. :REOutArchery02:

Thanks. I think I am going to go with a 7 inch tablet, 10 inch is just a little too big for my tastes but no problems with the dock supporting it.

kojackJKU

Since I have glasses I am going with the 10". Bigger is better. Good to know the mount can hold it. I was going with the padholdr first but when not in use there will just be some ball mounts on the edock. I like that better.

I use the vector dock as well, one note is that the typical installation is to use only one bolt in bottom and then it wedges into tray. I did not like the squeaking on/offroad so I improved the mounting by using soft rubber bushings and small bolts in the sides as well.
IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0071.jpg
IMG_0072.jpg
I also drilled a 3/4" hole and used grommet for wires to feed the top.
IMG_0074.jpg
windows 8.1 tablet running Overland Navigator and Yaesu 7800 mounted
IMG_0076.jpg
IMG_0077.jpg

dstock

Explorer
Nice idea with the bolts. Mine doesn't squeak but now I know what to do if it does!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk