Wild Rover

Ermanno

Hi y'all.
First of all I wanna excuse myself for my english, I ain't be using it for a while so it could sound pretty strange.
My name is Ermanno, i come from northern Italy but I'm lookin' to emigrate somewhere else, so I'm try to fix my Land Rover for the mission. ;)
Now, I wanna introduce you "Wild Rover", my 1996 Land Rover Defender, equipped with the glorious 300Tdi.
I wish I can gain a lot of opinions, critics, suggestions and informations from other "countries", so, other cultures and believes.

This is how it was, just out of the dealer 26 months ago:

rqqv.jpg

And this is of last week in Switzerland where I've been working this summer and actually still looking for a more important job.

9vm1.jpg

PS: really hoping you can see the pics.

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
Hey. Welcome to Expedition Portal! Where are you in Switzerland? I just ate a piece of Gruyère at lunch. I closed my eyes, took a whiff of that cheese and for a moment I could swear I was back in the Alps.

Nice Rover too :)

Ermanno

Oi Andrew.
I was in Ticino, the italian side of Switzerland; but usually (next week too) I use to relax in Interlaken and central CH, enjoin' mountains such as the Jungfrau, Eiger etc etc. ;)
Thank btw. ;)

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
Awesome. We head to Switzerland whenever time/money permit. Generally we're in the mountains in Berner Oberland, and visiting family in Lausanne. I've only been to Italy once. Maybe next trip we'll spend some more time on the Italian side of the Alps.

MarkIIa

Observer
Nifty 90 Ermanno!
Could you please point me in the direction of a source for your roof top tent?

Ermanno

Nifty 90 Ermanno!
Could you please point me in the direction of a source for your roof top tent?

Hi, thanks.
The tent is a 1982 Gidion's Air Camping, one of the first roof top tent used by the great Nino Cirani in his overland expeditions.
I got it for 150€ and made a full restoration.

MarkIIa

Observer
Thanks Ermanno, it looked nylon and hence lighter weight than the usual RTTs.
Any more photos of your Ninety?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete