WTB 6 seat full size pick up 4x4

Tacomatron

BLUF: Looking for a gas 6 seat full size truck 4x4 and e-locker to be my daily and still be able to perform off-road in easy to moderate trails/conditions with the wife and 4 kids on board. Under 50k. 2015-2020 year range.

Winch, RTT, camper shell, decked system, slide out fridge and stove are my plans so anything like that is a bonus.

Here are some thoughts of mine that will help narrow this down or generate conversation/recommendations:

-Power wagon: I used to have a 2017 with AEV goodies on 37s. Checks all the boxes except for being a good daily. Not sure I want to go that route again (did not like the 6.4 Hemi tick) but for the right truck, would consider.

-Ram 1500 Rebel is a great truck (love the 5.7) and checks all the boxes expect for the 6th seat and I would have to do the jump seat conversion (found a good thread on how to do this). Not the end of the world but I would want to avoid this if I could. Built to Serve Ram 1500 is essentially a Rebel with a different grill but I’ve found finding one with 6 seats other than white is impossible.

-Ram 1500/2500: lots of 6 seat options and the 5.7 and Cummins are solid. Off-road package/group adds the rear locker. Love these trucks.

-Trail Boss is a good looking truck (except for the outdated center stack) and has the tried and true power train but the G56 rear locker is not what I’m looking for. Unless someone can convince me it’s just as good as a selectable rear E-locker or if there is a better aftermarket option.

-Tundra: I like the idea of a truck I can keep for ten years and that brings the Tundra to mind. No Locker and a 6 seat trucks limits the trim to a SR5. Not a deal breaker but I would be curious to hear from anyone who installed aftermarket lockers and feedback.

-F150/250: like the RAMs, solid trucks, not sure the twin turbo is the way to go for longevity. V8 is preferred here. Rear locker options are out there. F250 Tremor is a beast but out of the budget for a couple of years.

Hopefully that helps if you have a truck you are selling. Thanks for reading this far. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Skyjeep

Observer
Well. I don’t have mine listed. Wasn’t ever planning on selling it. But. I just bought a sweet low mile first gen raptor. So I’m considering putting it up. Not even 100% sure.
it’s a 19 F-250. I ordered pretty specific. Ordered it with Manual 4x4 shifter and locking hubs. Bench seat, vinyl floors. It’s an xlt. I wanted some bells and whistles but not a lot.
has sliding rear window, tow package,factory gooseneck, bedliner and bed lights. Cab light camera and prob some other stuff.
it has a full Carli suspension. Air bags with remote and toolbox rolling cover combo. That thing was like $2600.
fx4 package w locking diff. Brand new nitto recon 35’s on stock wheels. Anyway. Just considering it. Holler if sounds interesting. No big deal. Good luck either way man. I’m in south Texas. Lots of highway mileage. On amsoil to.

Last edited:

extremer

BLUF: Looking for a gas 6 seat full size truck 4x4 and e-locker to be my daily and still be able to perform off-road in easy to moderate trails/conditions with the wife and 4 kids on board. Under 50k. 2015-2020 year range.

Winch, RTT, camper shell, decked system, slide out fridge and stove are my plans so anything like that is a bonus.

Here are some thoughts of mine that will help narrow this down or generate conversation/recommendations:

-Power wagon: I used to have a 2017 with AEV goodies on 37s. Checks all the boxes except for being a good daily. Not sure I want to go that route again (did not like the 6.4 Hemi tick) but for the right truck, would consider.

-Ram 1500 Rebel is a great truck (love the 5.7) and checks all the boxes expect for the 6th seat and I would have to do the jump seat conversion (found a good thread on how to do this). Not the end of the world but I would want to avoid this if I could. Built to Serve Ram 1500 is essentially a Rebel with a different grill but I’ve found finding one with 6 seats other than white is impossible.

-Ram 1500/2500: lots of 6 seat options and the 5.7 and Cummins are solid. Off-road package/group adds the rear locker. Love these trucks.

-Trail Boss is a good looking truck (except for the outdated center stack) and has the tried and true power train but the G56 rear locker is not what I’m looking for. Unless someone can convince me it’s just as good as a selectable rear E-locker or if there is a better aftermarket option.

-Tundra: I like the idea of a truck I can keep for ten years and that brings the Tundra to mind. No Locker and a 6 seat trucks limits the trim to a SR5. Not a deal breaker but I would be curious to hear from anyone who installed aftermarket lockers and feedback.

-F150/250: like the RAMs, solid trucks, not sure the twin turbo is the way to go for longevity. V8 is preferred here. Rear locker options are out there. F250 Tremor is a beast but out of the budget for a couple of years.

Hopefully that helps if you have a truck you are selling. Thanks for reading this far. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism