WTB: Civic AWD Wagon

wesel123

Explorer
Hey all, I figured I'd ask around and see if anybody either has one for sale or knows of one for sale in their area.

I'm looking for a late 80's early 90's Civic Wagon AWD. Or even a Tercel AWD Wagon.

Let me know what you guys find thanks.

Esmi

Explorer
Hey all, I figured I'd ask around and see if anybody either has one for sale or knows of one for sale in their area.

I'm looking for a late 80's early 90's Civic Wagon AWD. Or even a Tercel AWD Wagon.

Let me know what you guys find thanks.

I don't have any leads for you, but I offer an unsolicited observation:

I had a late 80s front wheel drive Honda Fishbowl wagon that performed very well in the snow/ice. It was no fun to powerslide through parking lots because it had such great traction.

I upgraded to an early 90s model that was all wheel drive, and it sucked. Great for scaring the mother-in-law sliding around in the parking lot, but not much good for actually getting somewhere safely and effectively.

I did not take either car off road much, but on road, in slippery conditions, the front wheel drive one behaved waaaaaay better.

Good luck on your hunt. Both of mine were good cars, and I enjoyed the heck out of them.

Railvan

Adventurer
I love those little rigs! When I had a '90 CRXsi I thought, if this car ever gets wrecked, I'm gonna stick the motor in an AWD wagon... Wish I would've done it!

Brian Rutherford

wesel123

Explorer
Sweet thanks for those ads. The one in NJ looks good but I priced shipping and it defeats the purpose of in-expensive.

The problem with all the wagons in CA is that they are all Fast And Furious'ed out.

Keep um coming boys....

Oh and I too miss all my Honda's. Had and 85 CRX that was awesome and then a 89 Civic hatch back....that poor car went through hell though....I should have known that a civic isn't meant for corrugated roads:sombrero:

trunk monkey

Lol, I had a '91 Civic AWD that had the big time option of the aux. CD player. That thing was unstoppable in the deep Utah snow. However, being just out of high school I hated that car because it was the opposite of cool.

My dad still has an '85 Tercel wagon that he LOVES. There's a huge following for those things. There's even a doc back East that when Toyota announced they were discontinuing that model apparently he purchased 4-5 of them new off the lot and put them in storage so that he'd have replacements over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk