Wtb - Roof Top Tent Asap

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
My buddy needs a roof top tent this week for a trip we are leaving on Friday. He wants it by Wednesday so he can get it mounted up in time and his budget is up to $800.00 for a used unit or a new Mombasa. Of course cheaper is always best in this type of situation.

If anyone has one in SOCAL only, please post up.

thanks everyone

Sloan

Explorer
What about that guy in Riverside that has the video on youtube? I think his tents new were around $800.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yep, thats the guy. My buddy will give him a call in the AM and order one. Thanks for the mind refresh Sloan and for the link Steve.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Ok, the guy in that link has them shipped from Texas.. so that won't work.

So, my buddy is still looking and needs to have one by Wednesday. If anyone has one hit me up please. Otherwise he'll just grab a ground tent and be done.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Andrew Walcker said:
Hit up Tim (Gillti on the forum). He's been talking about getting rid of his Overland.

Yeah, but for $800 or under? Shoot, i'll sell mine and buy Gillti's lol

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
SOCALFJ said:
I just looked at his tent online..... is it just me or does that overland not have any side windows?

Pretty sure it has side windows? Never stared at it that much but it's the standard Overland model, very nice IMHO.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Andrew Walcker said:
Pretty sure it has side windows? Never stared at it that much but it's the standard Overland model, very nice IMHO.

ok, cause every pic i see online of all three models they make, i haven't seen one window open on them. That would suck, to not have windows.

anyways, i emailed Tim and PM'd him. Thanks for the lead Andrew.

PS>. i didnt know you sold the ZUK!

gillti

Adventurer
They do have windows (triangles) with canvas that goes over them. They blend in really well. They are on a string that you can bring them up or bring them down from inside or outside the tent. Pretty handy actually. Great tent. PM'd you.

tjg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach