WTB: Slide in for 6 3/4" bed - Denver

tamoneyc

I am looking for something that is around 1000# that will fit in my 2004 F-250 CCSB. I have a dirtbike that I transport with a hitch carrier, so the camper needs to fitfully in the bed. I am willing to travel within reason, however, I am on a bit of a budget. $5k more or less. Any recommendations would be great!

Edit: Ended up getting an '06 F-350 CCSB. Should have more wiggle room with the payload now!

Last edited:

UHAULER

Explorer
I am looking for something that is around 1000# that will fit in my 2004 F-250 CCSB. I have a dirtbike that I transport with a hitch carrier, so the camper needs to fitfully in the bed. I am willing to travel within reason, however, I am on a bit of a budget. $5k more or less. Any recommendations would be great!
I don't think you are going to get any older,used camper that weighs around 1,000#
A four wheel Hawk might weigh around 1,400# but will be very hard to find in your price range.
A Northstar 650 will weigh about 1,700# You might find one close to your price range. I just saw an older one near Sacramento for around 5k.
Six Pack made a shortbed hardside camper.

tamoneyc

I don't think you are going to get any older,used camper that weighs around 1,000#
A four wheel Hawk might weigh around 1,400# but will be very hard to find in your price range.
A Northstar 650 will weigh about 1,700# You might find one close to your price range. I just saw an older one near Sacramento for around 5k.
Thanks for the feedback. I am coming to the same realization myself. I think I am going to look for a Hawk, and then just have to cry a little when I look at my bank account.

I have a slide-in Aliner Truck Cabin going up for sale in the next month or so. It is about 72" long. Weighs around 550-600lbs with heater, sink, electric. Although, I will be asking slightly higher than $5k. PM me if interested and I can send you photos, specs, etc. My build thread also has some photos. https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/2011-cc-lwb-frontier-with-pop-up-camper.218736/

The guy I bought it off of had it in a Tundra. I currently have it on my 6ft bed Frontier.

tamoneyc

I have a slide-in Aliner Truck Cabin going up for sale in the next month or so. It is about 72" long. Weighs around 550-600lbs with heater, sink, electric. Although, I will be asking slightly higher than $5k. PM me if interested and I can send you photos, specs, etc. My build thread also has some photos. https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/2011-cc-lwb-frontier-with-pop-up-camper.218736/

The guy I bought it off of had it in a Tundra. I currently have it on my 6ft bed Frontier.
PMed

tamoneyc

Ended up with an '06 F-350, so many more options now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach