WTS RLD Design Steel Cap for Toyota Tundra 6.5ft bed

overlander019

Hey folks,

I'm selling my RLD Design steel (one piece, welded) cap for Toyota Tundra 6.5ft bed 2014-21.

I have an ebay listing over here.

The cap is located in Bentonville, Arkansas. You'd have to come and pick it up, and due to an injury I wouldn't be that much help unfortunately, so bring at least two people, this thing weighs around 150lbs I believe.

I had it professionally installed almost 2 years ago but now need my truck to have a normal bed for farm use, so the cap is actually a hindrance.

There's nothing wrong with it otherwise. It comes with the roof rack load bars attached. I used to have a RTT on there but sold that already. There are some minor scratches just from me driving off-road and hitting the occasional branch. It's purely aesthetic and barely noticeable, you can see on the photos I took on the listing. I also took the rear door weather seal off because it would make closing the door somewhat difficult. You could put a new one on though easily enough.

Eager to get this off my truck so I've dropped the price to $3,999. Retail it cost me about $5,328. It also took me a year's wait to get it shipped from South Africa.

The other thing to note is that RLD doesn't actually sell to the U.S. anymore, so if you want the sturdiest cap available (it's one piece welded, unlike the RSI Smartcaps, and has no seams that leak, etc.) and you have a truck that would fit it, this is a pretty unique/rare opportunity to get a really good condition cap that isn't commercially sold anymore.

Last point: I modified the inside of the cap slightly by adding L-Track to the ceiling (using the same bolts that were already there to attach the roof load bars, so no new holes drilles that would leak). I then hung a net from the L-Track that you can throw sleeping bags, coats, etc. into. I also put some of those rubber grippers on the L-Track so you can hold a shovel or some other long tool up there. It's a pretty neat setup.

If interested, feel free to reach out either here or on eBay.

Thanks!

s-l1600.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77