WTS ZARGES 40568 ALUMINUM CASES

ksohegian

2/22/23-Units still available

I have a bunch of Zarges K470 40568 cases for sale. Good condition with all stickers removed. I can remove inside padding if requested. They are $139 plus shipping. I have them listed on eBay for easy and secure transactions. The Ebay listing is 185785547249 . I can sell through PayPal and do local pickup as well. Located in Escondido, CA. Also have a bunch of big Hardigg cases as well.

K470 - 40568

Internal Dimensions:
21.65 X 13.78 X 8.66

External Dimensions: 22.95 X 15.28 X 9.72

Clearance Dimensions: 20.63 X 12.76

Volume: 2584.0 IN3

Weight: 10.

Attachments

• 20221213_140645.jpg
    20221213_140645.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 195
  • 20221213_140703.jpg
    20221213_140703.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
@ksohegian was great to deal with on these cases. If you have any questions or need more than one PM him here on the Expo. He was super quick with his responses. I'll post some photos of mine when they arrive. He has some other type cases and sizes if you need something different.

ksohegian

@ksohegian was great 983kto deal with on these cases. If you have any questions or need more than one PM him here on the Expo. He was super quick with his responses. I'll post some photos of mine when they arrive. He has some other type cases and sizes if you need something different.
Thanks for the support!

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
My cases arrived and they look great. Used but mine are almost new and you can tell time has been spent making them look 'pretty'. Mine has the super high-density foam inside, which is perfect if you are transporting your 13.5"x6.5" nuclear missile launch control unit, or it could be opened up larger for other valuable equipment, camera stuff, etc while still having the foam for protection. Otherwise, the foam comes out quite easily for the full inside dimensions listed in the first posting.

470.jpg

Last edited:

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
3case.jpg

If anyone is interested these are pretty easy to convert to 'end hinged' instead of the hinges on the side.

As I am going to mount these three across on my roof rack, it would be tough to access the center box's latches, so I converted it to open on the end. As the factory rivets are solid aluminum they are very easy to drill out. The hinge needs to be shorted and is stainless steel, so an abrasive wheel cutter is easiest for that. It took about two hours for me to complete the conversion. (YMMV)

BTW the latches will accept the factory Zarges locks with no modifications other than popping the plastic covers off of the latch. And they already have holes to used with tamper seals (or whimpy TSA locks)
lock.png

barukinzs

Observer
Nice! How do you plan on securing/mounting these cases? Zarges makes specific mounting brackets but bloody expensive!

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Nice! How do you plan on securing/mounting these cases? Zarges makes specific mounting brackets but bloody expensive!
I agree the Zarges stuff is very nice but very pricy. That is why I was glad to be able to get these at a great deal, or I don't think I would have been so quick to modify the one.

As I am making my own rack, I will have a channel at the front to accept the lip that is at the bottom of the boxes. Then the rear channel will either pivot up and be held in place by two bolts, or just be bolted on with 4 bolts. I'm planning on accessing the content of the boxes while they are on the roof much more often, than pulling them off all the time.

I also plan on making a crossbar that will go the width of the roof and bolt to the support of two risers. This will not only provide a secondary attachment but also lock the lids closed. It will be held in place by two concealed bolts (orange) through the hollow tubes (yellow), with 'special head' bolts, so unless you have the special socket on a long extension, you can not remove them. Away from civilization, the lock bar would be optional.

boxmount.jpg

Once you pull the big blocks of foam out of these (they held military drone batteries), there is a very nice 1/4" layer of foam on the side that is left. Perfect to leave in place to keep them quiet and dent-free from the stuff inside.Like the $95 form inserts that Zarges sells, but you have to cut the bottom (and top) yourself. I am adding a 1/4 to the bottoms also, using the existing center foam. It is super nice hi-density foam and the hot tip to cut this into thinner sheets is to use an electric carving knife like you would carve a turkey or roast with. Super easy and super smooth. If you don't have one, they can be found at thrift stores in the $5 range. Tons of foam, so you don't have to worry about messing up.

Last edited:

barukinzs

Observer
I agree the Zarges stuff is very nice but very pricy. That is why I was glad to be able to get these at a great deal, or I don't think I would have been so quick to modify the one.

As I am making my own rack, I will have a channel at the front to accept the lip that is at the bottom of the boxes. Then the rear channel will either pivot up and be held in place by two bolts, or just be bolted on with 4 bolts. I'm planning on accessing the content of the boxes while they are on the roof much more often, than pulling them off all the time.

I also plan on making a crossbar that will go the width of the roof and bolt to the support of two risers. This will not only provide a secondary attachment but also lock the lids closed. It will be held in place by two concealed bolts (orange) through the hollow tubes (yellow), with 'special head' bolts, so unless you have the special socket on a long extension, you can not remove them. Away from civilization, the lock bar would be optional.

View attachment 764394
Once you pull the big blocks of foam out of these (they held military drone batteries), there is a very nice 1/4" layer of foam on the side that is left. Perfect to leave in place to keep them quiet and dent-free from the stuff inside.Like the $95 form inserts that Zarges sells, but you have to cut the bottom (and top) yourself. I am adding a 1/4 to the bottoms also, using the existing center foam. It is super nice hi-density foam and the hot tip to cut this into thinner sheets is to use an electric carving knife like you would carve a turkey or roast with. Super easy and super smooth. If you don't have one, they can be found at thrift stores in the $5 range. Tons of foam, so you don't have to worry about messing up.

I like the pivoting mount idea for quick dismount. Brilliant!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism