Your favorite bike widget of 2011

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
As the year comes to a close, we'd like to know what was the one widget you bought this year that you really think is the bee's knees?

It could be a tire, bike, pair of shoes, or anything else.

What was your favorite bike related purchase of 2011?

Jay H

servicedriven.org
MRP xcg. Its a chain ring protector that goes between an out board BB cup and the bottom bracket shell. This thing has taken some serious abuse and keeps my XT cranks looking good big ring and all. So simple and so effective.

Also I really like WTBs new all mountain TCS tires with the dual rubber compound there inner peace side wall reinforcement. I run the Mutano raptor 2.4 when its dry out and the 2.3 weirwolf. I am stoked that they are also bringing this technology to 29ers in the weirwolf LT.

NothingClever

Explorer
My new Manitou fork for my Litespeed MTB. Really scrubs off the harshness of riding over exposed roots plus the lockout is the jazz when I want to get into the big ring up front. Oh, can't forget to include my NR helmet mount....I'm much faster now that I can look way ahead whenever I want.

Last edited:

hochung

Adventurer
13-29 cassette for my road bike. I am aging and not getting any younger. And the 12-25 cassette I had was starting to dig into my knees. Now I am able to big-ring most of my ride.

LR Max

Local Oaf
Fizik saddle for my road bike. I spend most of my time on the road bike and this has made a huge difference, as you can imagine.

New 2.3" wide tires on the mountain bike are a close section. As you can imagine, they are very grippy! Also look awesome.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
CX Love

I finally found my CX bike, Salsa Las Cruces.
110611podB.jpg

110511pod.jpg

3konas

Observer
My Haulin Colin trailer I received last week. I live on a island and now I can save money by not having to take the van across on the ferry when I need to pick up larger items, besides, it's a lot more fun to ride!

2011-11-10143230-2.jpg

2011-11-10143302-1.jpg

2011-11-10143316-1.jpg

Andy G

Adventurer
I bought my first bike computer since the Cateye I owned in 1987. This one was a Garmin Edge 500. Wow. Never in my old racing days would I have imagined all the data you can store on such a little plastic thing!

goinsurfin

Observer
Shimano XTR platform pedals!

I use them on my road and mtb. They are lightweight and platforms give me the option to not use cycling shoes when on leisure rides- pulling kids in the Burley trailer.

thecriscokid

Explorer
Probably my Easton Haven Bar. Wide, light, and damp!

To this day (15yrs later) favorite thing to replace are Speedplay Frog cleats. I get a lot of funny looks about the pedals but, if you have ridden DH on flats and pre released spd style pedals inward putting your foot into your wheelwhile pressing a corner? You may enjoy them too.

My first carbon bar for my first carbon bike! Santa Cruz Tallboy shouldn't get left off the list

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3