UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
a pass-thru is a very crucial item to have in a build like this.

IMO.

Assuming the rear box is planned to more or less stay on the rig.

It's not, but a pass thru is on the list for the future. This rig will be used for hauling when the camper is off/not in use.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
So...... Here is the 1st peek at the V4 rendering!!!!! It's been killing me not to share this, but I can't wait any longer. As you know, I've been building V4 for a few months, and I've teamed up with Marc @ XPCamper to start building turn key rigs. I feel this is the most versatile ExPo platform I can come up with. A flat bed 4x4 van with a bad *** camper! If you're not familiar with the XP camper, check them out. www.xpcamper.com

This rendering is pretty accurate. V4 will have a 6" lift on 37/12.50/17 tires, with a BUNCH of goodies to make x-country trips a breeze on & off road. How about almost 90 gallons of fuel capacity? The XP is so efficient, you can stay off the grid as long as you like (not that I have the time to do this!) but we can dream right?

There's plenty more to come, so I'll update as things unravel. I created a page on my site just for V4 http://www.ujointoffroad.com/ujorv4.html and I have more rendering shots soon. Let me know what you think!

View attachment 89376
Okay! that is one of the coolest units I have ever seen.....awesome....love the spareposition....hope its two spares....o.....once on each side.......I an't stand it....you have to post more.....sooooo cooool!!!!!!
OMG!!!!

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Okay! that is one of the coolest units I have ever seen.....awesome....love the spareposition....hope its two spares....o.....once on each side.......I an't stand it....you have to post more.....sooooo cooool!!!!!!
OMG!!!!
2 words.....interior.....outside. damn.....do go on.....pleeeeeze.

haven

Expedition Leader
From the UJOR website:

"V4 started life as an ambulance in GA. I picked it up out of a scrap yard in December after months of looking for the right donor. It met all of my criteria, 7.3, clean dash, no rust. The frame was in amazing shape! So here is the plan for V4:

UJOR 6" conversion with modified fenders/flares to clear 37" tires
Dana 60 front axle, locker TBD
Sterling 10.5" rear, locker TBD
Full on board air system
On board welder
Winches of course
Interior setup for comfortable x-country trips
LED lighting
80-90 gallons of fuel capacity
UJOR dual shock system along with a few other new parts"

Any chance you'll be ready to show this project at the Overland Expo in mid-May?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
DOOOOO EEEEETTTT!!!

DOING IT!!!!

OMG!!!!

Thanks! Yes, 2 spares will fit side by side very nicely. I'll post more pics as we progress, and you can see interior pics of the camper @ www.xpcamper.com as well as their FB page.

From the UJOR website:

Any chance you'll be ready to show this project at the Overland Expo in mid-May?

It won't be ready by then, I'll be attending in Vanaconda. The goal for completion if V4 is the SEMA show in November.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
How cool would UJOR logo print upholstery be on those seat cushions?

Re: the pass thru.... Kinda hard to get past two 37" spares huh? I think the compact design more than makes up for the lack of a pass thru to the camper. Not to mention that you are building more than just a dedicated camper/RV. Are you planning on making the flat bed accept pocket style wooden or aluminum bed sides?

Brad

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
How cool would UJOR logo print upholstery be on those seat cushions?

Re: the pass thru.... Kinda hard to get past two 37" spares huh? I think the compact design more than makes up for the lack of a pass thru to the camper. Not to mention that you are building more than just a dedicated camper/RV. Are you planning on making the flat bed accept pocket style wooden or aluminum bed sides?

Brad

The logo would be cool! Maybe here & there..... good idea.

You're right on the money with this. We've already discussed a pass thru as well as a bigger 4 seat cab. The spare will have to be relocated to do this, and the camper will have a smaller water tank (currently 75 gallons!) And yes, the bed will be setup to accept side boards.

njtacoma

Explorer
Boulder off road did a conversion of an chevy express with a flatbed on the back. I see it running around, whenever I see it I think to myself "that would look cool on a Ford."

Love the idea of a four seat cab with a flatbed / camper on the back.

Dgurley2000

Adventurer
Was contemplating a Sportsmobile when we were looking at a new platform for Overlanding. Wish this was available at the time! Very impressive..... like Tango, this is the onlyy van thread I follow - for a reason!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Boulder off road did a conversion of an chevy express with a flatbed on the back. I see it running around, whenever I see it I think to myself "that would look cool on a Ford."

Love the idea of a four seat cab with a flatbed / camper on the back.

I've seen that, awesome rig.

Was contemplating a Sportsmobile when we were looking at a new platform for Overlanding. Wish this was available at the time! Very impressive..... like Tango, this is the onlyy van thread I follow - for a reason!

Thanks! And that my friend is the intended market.

This is such a great concept can't wait to see the finished product.

Won't be long, shooting for Nov, but I'm way ahead of schedule right now. May be able to debut at the ExPo event in VA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78