New Jeep Concept Vehicles at Easter Jeep Safari

ryancrouch

I for one wish they would release the parts so we could do our own Nukizier or perhaps something with a CJ3b. Oh and I hope they have another version of the JK unlimited Overland there.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
CJRmL.jpg

406to417

Explorer
The FC is very cool but don't think we will ever see a production one. I don't think it would pass today's crash standards.

Balzer

Adventurer
I dont see why it couldnt pass todays crash standards, there are several forward control trucks available in commercial trucks.

dejablu311

Observer
Okay now i'm just starting to get pissed. They throw two more concepts in my face that I would put down payments on today if they would just simply produce them. Screw you jeep. Stop jerkin me around. Why do they bother teasing us with this crap when they don't even bother to put a diesel in the wrangler? It looks like it is still a JK underneath all the fancy sheet metal after all.

Hawkz

Adventurer
Thanks for the picture. Both have potential, but I really dig the FC... I do have some concern about safety in a crash, but I think I would risk it. :)

The FC looks 7' tall in that picture. I'm sure the production units would sit lower...

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
The FC appears to have JK windshield, doors and plastic fenders, JK8 halfcab, and Jeep Patriot grill? I think it looks like a cool concept, not practical for production, but still cool

Mbogo

Observer
Ohhhh, Mama! That FC just shows how flexible the JK platform is. What a perfect platform for an expo rig, assuming that those axles give a bit more than stock in the way of payload capacity. I would love to see video of how it drives. They will probably never produce it because they sell all the JKs they can make as it is, but portal axles would be super trick! What will they call the retro truck with the windshield eyebrow now that the name "Gladiator" was already used on a concept, JK-J? They keep flirting with the pickup idea (and teasing us in the process). I think even they were surprised how many people were willing to drop up to 10 large on a JK8 conversion. This had to get their attention, at least a little. I hope...

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Autoblog has more:
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/27/jeep-drops-details-on-six-easter-jeep-safari-concepts/

The FC appears to have JK windshield, doors and plastic fenders, JK8 halfcab, and Jeep Patriot grill? I think it looks like a cool concept, not practical for production, but still cool

I noticed this as well, and found it somewhat disappointing. While it's an impressive vehicle, and I AM in love, you can tell that they kept the re-engineering to a minimum, and it's just a clever rearrangement of JK parts. A great basis for testing public reaction, but absolutely nothing to allude that they're actually tooling for its production. Sure would be nice, though... *swoon*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle