All Terrain Warriors campers

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Thanks John for the tour around your factory & giving my wife & I the chance to see some of your latest developments.
That grey Hino is very impressive

Here is that Hino as it was finished today. This is the first GT500 we've done. All the tour company drivers are taking it up the beach tomorrow for some initial testing and training. We fitted a really cool automated air inflation system to it too. Has a hose on each corner that you hook up and can inflate and deflate all the tyres or just one axle at once. They do that on the barge on the way over.

Tyres are 425 / 22.5 Kuhmo.....these guys have been getting a good run with the same style Kuhmo tyre fitted on 19'5's on their Fuso Canter buses on Fraser so they wanted to stay with the same thing for the Hino....useless in mud of course which they don't see too much of but a beautiful tyre on the road, very puncture resistant and great in the sand.

View attachment 94820

View attachment 94821

View attachment 94822

P1010027.jpg

Last edited:

Amesz00

Adventurer
Got any more pics of this Hino and some detailed shots of the inflation system you mentioned?

is it a PTG STIS system? my old man's got this system on his MAN. very cool. imo a must have for an large offroad vehicle that regularly deflates/inflates tyres. will do the 365 XZLs on his truck from 70psi-25 then back up to 70 in about 15min. for all four tyres.....
Andrew

whatcharterboat

is it a PTG STIS system? my old man's got this system on his MAN. very cool. imo a must have for an large offroad vehicle that regularly deflates/inflates tyres.

Hi Andrew,

Nah but we did the see that system on that MAN that I told you about .... the one the ADF did the initial trials with ..... the one I can't afford too . Haha

We are still developing our system and playing with the software. Ours is more like on that you might find at a BP servo with a LCD display (but we've got an airline clipped to each wheel) that samples air pressure at intervals, to calculate the volume of the tyre (in our case "tyres") then goes flat out for whatever time it thinks it needs to , then rechecks as it gets close to the dialled in pressure, then alarms when it's done ..... maybe one day we will offer it on the campers. We would like to get ours as fast as your dads but are not there yet. It is still much better than bending over tyres for twenty minutes hanging on to a airpump.

425's are big suckers....they take 4 minutes to pump one tyre from 60 psi to 85psi with our huge workshop screw compressor !!

Last edited:

bptp7270

Adventurer
Hi John, I could be doing something wrong but I cant seem to open the photo attachments for the Hino?
Anthony

whatcharterboat

Sorry Anthony....I can't see the first three pics but I can see the last......don't know what's going on. I reload them from my work computer tomorrow. I was going to throw some more up for Owen.

Dammit John, Clear some room in your in box....

Sorry Chocko. Try again now.

bptp7270

Adventurer
Hi John,

Impressive monster! I don't think I would like to encounter that coming the other way on one of those narrow Fraser tracks.

Anthony

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I am guessing that you have someone at ATW that likes to express their artistic skills...
That modified ATW logo being my case in point. ;)

Amesz00

Adventurer
Hi Andrew,

Nah but we did the see that system on that MAN that I told you about .... the one the ADF did the initial trials with ..... the one I can't afford too . Haha

yea it is fairly exhorbitant price.. dad got his before they sky-rocketed luckily :)

We are still developing our system and playing with the software. Ours is more like on that you might find at a BP servo with a LCD display

that should be interesting to see. im looking at setting up a system similar to the PTG one for my new canter (and customers who want it i guess). we'll have to put our inflation systems against each other and race em! hahaha :p
BTW did you get my msg last night?
Andrew

whatcharterboat

Hi Andrew,

Nah. Never got it. Send t again. I'm heading up the beach Saturday for 10 days so won't be online for that time.

Regards John.

Hi Owen.....Nah. Wasn't us. The tour guys came up with that. Each bus has a different name and cartoon head .... Warrior, Xena, Junior and now Gladiator. Haha.

Thespoon

Observer
John....an impressive machine, looks like its ready to compete in next years Dakar:)!!!!
Any reason why you chosen a Hino over say an Isuzu, MAN or Merc?
Any modification to the suspension?

Happy Easter

Adrian
(still waiting for parabolics)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior