Project: Doitall Dodge

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I rotated the tires by myself tonight....with a bottle jack, a jackstand, and a star wrench....fun.......

I discovered a little bit of cupping on the front tires on the inside. I think it might be time to invest a little money and time in the front axle.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
We'll be watching!

Still one of the best threads on ExPo.

...though I'm blaming you for the hurting my wallet is taking paying for $5 a gallon diesel :eek::D

I'll second the props for a great thread. Also, don't feel too bad, we are paying close to $5.50 a gallon in BC. At least regular gas and diesel cost the same here. (That reeeeeally sucks for gas drivers!) I don't understand why people put up with diesel costing more in the US. Refinement costs are way lower...

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
P1010068.jpg

Dang little Willys is always getting in the way!

Current pic of the truck as of yesterday. Still the same.

bftank

Explorer
i really like the grey you have got on there, reminds me of a battleship! oddly enough diesel dropped below the price of gas up here. i had to tape my jaw shut i was so surprised!

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I hope diesel drops in price here a little bit!

It's warm enough that I can run a high percentage of blend or BioDiesel now also.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Glad to hear diesel is dropping a bit. We are going to do a little tour down that way in mid sept. Grand Junction down to Cortez via Norwood and Sawpit to hopefully bump into some old friends. Where are you at Metcalf? For some reason Durango area is in my head.

The dilemma must be which of the awesome rigs to drive now. I love the Dodge, but the Willys and all WWII era jeeps have always been on "the list".

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Yup, Durango...

Shoot me a PM when you firm up some dates.

Yes, its tough :) The Willys is finally getting to the point I can get some miles on it. I thought the Dodge got a lot of attention, its a stealth vehicle compared to the Willys. I swear I am going to cause a wreck driving the Willys around! It's like people have never seen an old flat fender or something. I am hoping that I can get the Willys to a point that I can drive it steady for a few months this summer. With that free time I can tear into some projects on the Dodge like the new turbo, gauges, bigger brakes, 14-bolt rear, twin stick t-case shifter, lockers, gears, winch, rear bumper, etc.

Boons

I'm curious if you have some pictures of what you did with the inner fenders in the front?
Awesome build by the way.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Thanks.

The only section of the inner fenders that I sealed out was the one around the air cleaner. The others I just left open.

lstzephyr

wanderer
My front fenders on my dodge have had a giant gaping hole in the drivers side internal fender for a couple years. No problems and I am not shy to take it through all sorts of muck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears