Bug Out Vehicle

Kursac

Observer
Tassie......you've already bugged out. Haha.

This is for sale in a car yard down the road from me at the moment. Unfortunately the nuclear power pack must have been removed before sale cause this one blows diesel Troopy smoke and yet the one I saw on TV made a cool stealthy electric humm ...... working 6x6 was retained but the zombie shields are only made of plastic sheet....you only get what you pay for I guess. Haha.

View attachment 109047

In case anyone was wondering, it was one of the props from the TV series Terra Nova but I was probably the only nerd that ever watched it. All the vehicles including 4x4s, 6x6s and bikes went under the hammer a couple of weeks back.

John.

I was so bummed when they canceled that show. I would love to have one of those. I believe they were GMs, I would drive it but I bet my wife would be seen in it. Best reason to buy one lol. What are they selling it for price wise

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I've got one and I do :Bug Out"-

Sawmillllakejune12022.jpg

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Love that LR with its electric gizzzzzzmo and ring mount. Yep, nothing like a good MINI to decide the outcome! For those of you who can't own one or afford one you can always go to Knob Creek during their events see em in action and in some cases fire em too.

Kursac

Observer
I like thie BOV concept and find these threads fasinating for ideas. I have several vehicles including several 4X4s. My home is my BOL so the idea of leaving it is not an option unless fire or flood forced a temporary evacuation. I have an old Ford high top camper van with low milage that I drive in the summer months but store in my warehouse in the winter. This would be my Adventure / BOV because it is rather self contained. It's a pretty fun vehicle to own and I am always looking for more ideas to tailor it to my specific needs and desires. I keep all terrain tires on it and will add a differential lock and airbags at some point but that's as far as I'm interested as far as making it more off road capable. It has duel batteries and sleeping capabilities along with refriduration. I am deleting the roof top AC/Heating unit so I can rack it for solar panels. It's a great BOV but not what many of the hard core survivalist people would think is a great BOV.

41832d6b.jpg

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Check out www.survivalblog.com . It contains a wealth of information and has some interesting reads, specifically on vehicle prep, bug out bags, and bug out vehicles.

Folks, Jim has a lot of knowledge to offer.

Nice to run across your name again!. :elkgrin: My knowledge of you goes back to the list user days when your book was a free file. Not too long ago I bought the paperback.

Last edited:
Look at the sky, we are being sprayed almost daily. Those white cloudy trails up there are chemicals that are debilatating us slowly. Condensation trails from jet aircraft disapear seconds after the jet flys by. These CHEM TRAILS spread out and linger filling the sky with whispy clouds full of Bromide, Barrium, tiny aluminum particles and blood products. NEW WORLD ORDER. WAKE UP AMERICA

Oh man! Guys, Joe is right!!!!
558866_812177608021_828788201_n.jpg

Taken this morning north of DFW! Chem trails!!!???

:sombrero:

eviltwin67

I would love to get one of the variations of the Shadowhawk

data-1.jpg. data-2.jpg

Each of Shadow Hawk Vehicles' Super Terrain Vehicles share the same technologies: daylight cameras, active suspension, camber and caster control systems, driver activated ride height control, 46 inch wheel travel, 3/16 inch monocoque construction and so on. The differences between the Super Terrain Vehicles are their features, and in one case, the monocoque material. For example, there are no visual differences between the Steel Hawk and Street Hawk unless you open the engine compartment. The monocoque material is different though no visual method to identify this difference. The same is true between the Terra Hawk and the Street Hawk. Unless the rear rest area of the Terra Hawk is raised, there are no visual differences between these models.

ENGINE

The Shadow Hawk can use any engine format it wants, so why was a diesel power plant selected? Because the Shadow Hawk needs to service three extremely different disciplines without one compromise, diesel power was the only engine with the horsepower and torque characteristics that could do so. Looking at diesel performance, remember that Audi and Peugeot's diesel-powered Le Mans racecars beat all of the gas powered competitors, combined, for the last four years straight. Performance, when speaking about engines, is a measure of its ability to produce usable power, and lots of it, at a usable rpm. The new diesels, with the recently rediscovered compound turbo charging, high-pressure direct-port fuel injection, and state-of-the-art computerized engine control, produce massive amounts of usable power and get greater fuel mileage in the process. The Shadow Hawk produces 1,100 horsepower and can still get greater than 20 miles per gallon; this is a feat that cannot be accomplished by any known gasoline engine. What makes the diesel power plant even more attractive is its ability to be just as drivable as a stock diesel while making these enormous power figures.

To make a monster like this reliable requires the bottom end to be stronger than normal. The Shadow Hawk uses an aerospace double-vacuum-melted alloy steel billet crank shaft and rods, special alloy pistons, with a proprietary partial vapor-deposition coating that dramatically reduces friction and wear. Other Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coatings are also used on the valve train and camshaft. PVD coatings increase the critical components service life and reduce friction increasing the engines overall efficiencies and power output. The push-to-pass technology has two missions: the first is to increase overall power with the push of a button and the second is to reduce emissions, with computer controlled actuation, at key moments, during normal engine's operation. This is an engine with no challengers.lp

Drivetrain

Spider Drive Transaxle

The transaxle design is called the Spider Drive. The Spider Drive is an existing patent held by Shadow Hawk Vehicles, but there are new technologies added to the original design. The design is simpler, smaller in size, and much more powerful. The Spider Drive is designed to handle 2,500 foot pounds of engine torque; this is unprecedented in a transmission of this size.

Clutch System

The clutch system changes everything you know about clutches. First it does not use friction as a control medium. Second, it will engage, disengage, or slip at any rate of engagement for hours without failing or over heating. Third, it can control the output rotations extremely precisely right down to repeatable fractions of a revolution. Fourth, in can be, controlled electrically and directly by a computer without any mechanical assistance required.

Indi Trac

Indi Trac is an electronic control system that controls the four clutches that apply power to each of the wheels. This control system can vary the power, independently, to each of the wheels from zero to 100 percent in real time. As an example, as a vehicle approaches a corner, more power can be applied to the rear wheels to push a vehicle into the corner then power can be shifted to the front of the vehicle pulling it out the corner. Power can also be applied from the left side of the vehicle to right, to prevent binding or bias from taking place in the turn and help steer the vehicle through the turn. This system works both in the application of power and reduction of power. Indi Trac works in harmony with the brake system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman