Project WAR WAG

kfgk14

Adventurer
No blocks front or rear it appears, or am I wrong? Very very nice. You may have me browsing the government auctions now...I'm probably in big trouble with TLSU soon thanks to you... :D

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Outback, your rig is absolutly WICKED:Wow1: Are you getting any tire or fender rub, and how much lift do you have on the truck? Cheers, Chilli.:)

Outback

Explorer
Outback, your rig is absolutly WICKED:Wow1: Are you getting any tire or fender rub, and how much lift do you have on the truck? Cheers, Chilli.:)

No rub on the street. May have some when I get her all twisted up. Will check that out soon. My plan is to trim the fenders anyway as the are pretty beat.

Outback

Explorer
Thanks Rot Box and everyone else who commented. The trucks ride has vastly improved with the shackle flip and all new suspension components/shocks. I am kicking myself for not doing this as soon as I picked her up. OK so onto PHASE II. Phase II will be the install of my Banks Turbo kit. Again my brother and I will be tackeling this together. I think though that I will remove the tires and drop the truck as low as possible with either car dollys or on jack stands. Its simply to tall to be trying to work for long periods in the engine compartment. I have a feeling this is going to be the next greatest upgrade i can do to this vehicle. I am now seriously debating wether or not to install an O.D. Transmission. Either way I will be replacing the stock transfercase to Off Road Designs (ORD) new Magnum Box 4 speed Transfercase. But that will of course be down the road. I hope to be starting Phase II some time in the two months. I will be headed back to the field Monday and suspect I wont be home for two months. we will see. Please feel free to post suggestions on any aspect of my build. Thanks!:victory:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
No rub on the street. May have some when I get her all twisted up. Will check that out soon. My plan is to trim the fenders anyway as the are pretty beat.
Still need to know how much lift you have in the rig......
Glad to hear its running right for you.:)

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Update...I have been looking at military surplus sites. Everything I find either has no keys, no batteries, and is missing all kinds of parts. Did you run into this?

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
The truck has only 4 inch lift and you got those monster:Wow1: tires on her? Wow, that is really cool!:ylsmoke:

Outback

Explorer
Update...I have been looking at military surplus sites. Everything I find either has no keys, no batteries, and is missing all kinds of parts. Did you run into this?

YUP! Worse is now some brainiake has decided its a better idea to move all the trucks and Blazers with a giant fork lift! This bends the drive shafts and cracks the transfercases. It is really better to just buy them on Ebay since all those problems are usually fixed ect ect. I just looked and there is a really well built M1028 like mine all fixed up with a twin stick NP205 ect ect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears