Post pictures of your Land Rover.

rijosho

Adventurer
Thanks, Jeff. I'll find better pics tomorrow.

1EE03CEE-EE78-4265-8D42-9F0E68787A0B-2510-000006607C10E3F1.jpg

Kelbo

Is that a middle seat in the truck bed? Do the kids have to sit back there when they've been bad?

Arlo

Adventurer
This was

13051460ww.jpg

The original short bed got removed...

13051461lv.jpg

... to be replaced by a selfmade very short pick up bed.

13051463nb.jpg

13051465jc.jpg

rijosho

Adventurer
Your childhood must have been different from mine. I always wanted to ride in the back. Aaah, so many happy memories.

My childhood involved sitting and laying across the rear platform of my dad's 2 seater Triumph. Then riding in the back of our truck from time to time, but that was outlawed in our state around the time I was 5 I believe.

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
My childhood involved sitting and laying across the rear platform of my dad's 2 seater Triumph. Then riding in the back of our truck from time to time, but that was outlawed in our state around the time I was 5 I believe.

There you go. For most of us on here, I imagine as kids "having" to ride in the back would be similar to br'er rabbit being tossed into the briar patch. I got to chase spring hares on the roof rack of a SIIA across the Rift Valley, and bounce in the back of a pickup truck time and again to boarding school and back. Fun at school was once a month or so, the headmaster would take all 100 students on a lorry ride around in the bush for an hour or so.

I wasn't in the back this time, but it's an "in the back" story. We were driving along behind a pickup truck with a cab on it and I observed that it was swaying a bit from side to side. The swaying got worse and worse and suddenly the truck rolled off the road into the ditch. We stopped, and it turns out the passengers in the back had been singing and swaying side to side, to the point where the driver lost control and rolled the vehicle. Everyone was OK, but boy if I was the driver I'd be wishing I hadn't picked up those passengers. That was in Zambia in the '80s.

Arlo

Adventurer
Welcome Kurt!

Nice to see you here:ylsmoke:

Did you notice the Trailer-Thread?

I`m sure you will love it...

Stephan

I placed my first reply there! :elkgrin:
Got no response yet. :coffee:
Sankey trailers seames to be a very special thing! Not broken but very british! :coffee:
Time will tell. :coffee:

nice to meed you here too, even Corsica would be nicer! :victory:
Kurt

keoni004

Observer
Here's my little girl. Doesn't compare to some of the beautiful trucks already up here, but she's mine and she's a blast! Great little winter project.

IMG_3259_zps0d19b952.jpg

MurphyBob

Observer
New to board

I am new to the board but I thought I would post a coD130 1.jpgD130 2.jpgD130 3.jpgD130 5.jpgD1304.jpgD130 6.jpguple of pictures of my new Defender. I just got it about a week ago.

Ray_G

Explorer
Here's my little girl. Doesn't compare to some of the beautiful trucks already up here, but she's mine and she's a blast! Great little winter project.

IMG_3259_zps0d19b952.jpg

Did you do the D2 headlights on your truck? Can't quite tell. Looks like the construction down at Camp Swampy is going strong though! Nice looking truck, hope the switches work out for you.
r-
Ray

MurphyBob

Observer
I am thinking of driving it from Atlanta Georgia to our place in playa Samara Costa Rica. I have more to do before its ready for a trip like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman