UJOR Build Thread

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Here's a new parts that I'm excited about, its a jig for cutting the shackle sleeve holes. Once you have the front hangers drilled and installed this bolts in and slides up to the frame to ensure a perfect cut every time. It's setup for a plasma, keeps everything perfectly square. I'll be including it with every kit, a 2 piece design for shipping.

View attachment 146174

That is so sweet Chris. Your clients are very lucky to have you for your parts and support.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks guys. Always moving forward with tools/tricks to make the conversions easier for everyone.

I have some talent at the shop too, that always helps :)

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys. Always moving forward with tools/tricks to make the conversions easier for everyone.

I have some talent at the shop too, that always helps :)
What!!!!? You dont think this up by yourself????.......well I never.....thought you were a genius. The smartest people listen to other folks.....and I think you very smart. :coffeedrink: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
What!!!!? You dont think this up by yourself????.......well I never.....thought you were a genius. The smartest people listen to other folks.....and I think you very smart. :coffeedrink: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Ha ha, very true. Justin @ the shop came up with the jig idea a while back and we've used it on the last few conversions. I just "improved" it by making it 2 piece so it could ship easier.

Email sent your way. :thumbup:

Just returned!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Even though we do make our own front bumper, we love and sell Aluminess! We got 3 bumpers this week, one is raw so we can experiment with some mods.

382252_561274413891791_181436430_n.jpg

The Russia van received a lot of love today! Coil buckets came off, front hangers came back from powder and got bolted up, and we welded the DS001 shock tower in place. Ready for springs now, and a Stage 2 Dana 60 of course.

65557_562248140461085_190941398_n.jpg

The Class C also received some lovin. Trac bar brackets, u-bolt plates, drag link, sway bar & shocks all went on.

420347_562248880461011_1837967883_n.jpg

etcatmeat

Observer
35" Toyo MT's on some Pro Comps. Nothing fancy! But...... I do have another class c coming that we're putting 19.5's on! Brand new V10.

Wow that's crazy, 35s!! I can't wait to see that!

Couple of things I have learned....
Keep in mind the weight rating on tires! I know many people with class C motorhomes that have had tire issues (blowouts every year or so) due to the rating being just barely adequate. That's why I went with 19.5s, so I could go way overkill on weight rating. Also the shocks I found need to be wayyyy stiffer valved than the off the shelf Bilsteins, I am getting some King piggbacks custom valved for the front of mine so the tires wear even. (I am getting chopping in the front) King is recommending a 12000 stack flooder and 15000 bleed hole for me. I have about 25,000 miles on the rig since the 4x4 conversion and it's still going strong!

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Oh yes, load rating is pretty important. :)

These Toyo's are rated @ 3640 each, so 14560 total. The camper weighed 10K before the conversions so we have a bit of wiggle room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179