Let's see your LJ's!

Pirateover50

Observer
I bet! Camera's never do trails justice. Cullman isn't to far off, I will have to check this place out soon. Alabama has so many parks and more get added every year

The County of Cullman and the City started this one as I said 5 years ago. I also started and coordinate the Jeep Jamboree that is held there. They keep making inprovements to the park every year. The first time I went down this rock, and I'm careful, but I wanted a winch line hook to the rear as I proceeded down. But after that I been down it with great spotting. Not sure with the way it stays wet at the bottom of it you could get up it.... And yes, you need a rear locker!

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Soon! Got to have the money for gears, chromo shafts and locker and get it all done at one time. Give me a shout when you plan to ride again and maybe I can tow out and meet you

sent from my dumb phone

Pirateover50

Observer
Will do! we might be going sometime in August, I know it's hot, but just to see what else has developed. The Jamboree is not till the first week of Nov. But I'll give you a shout here..

aribelin

Here are a few of my 2006 Rubicon on Willow Springs (NE of Mesa, Arizona):

IMG_4362_zps2666f8f7.jpg

IMG_4404_zpsa92403dc.jpg

IMG_4402_zps12b58d59.jpg

aribelin

And another from Upper Ajax:

IMG_3803_zpsa32862e5.jpg

Bought this LJ bone stock in Missoula, MT in 2007...ever evolving.

Artec trusses and brackets, custom aluminum suspension, Ballistic joints, aluminum steering, PSC hydro assist, RCV shafts, Reid knuckles w/Artec prototype high steer arms, Spyntec hubs, Genright armor, Poison Spyder bumpers, ADS 14" coilovers, ADS bump stops, Tom Woods shafts

Last edited:

n_maher

Observer
Here's my new-to-me '04 LJ. Bought it three weeks or so ago, bone stock. Phase I modifications are pretty much complete and included suspension (OME 2.5" w/ long travel shocks), tires (32x11.5 KM2s), minor aesthetic tweaks and a steering box skid. I should be picking up a new Khaki soft top for it this weekend and then in a few weeks I'll add some proper rocker protection and that'll wrap up what I had planned for it this year. Can't wait to hit a few local trails/parks this summer. Next year I hope to add a rear bumper and winch and maybe a front selectable locker depending on how it does on the trails this year.

150087724.jpg

n_maher

Observer
^^ I literally just picked it up last night and only had time to drive it home so not enough time yet to tell. But I did have those 32's mounted on stock Jeep steelies and they rubbed just a touch at full lock. The Ravine's have the same 5.5" of backspacing so it's likely that they'll rub a bit although with the wider rim the tire profile will change slightly (less bulge) but I'd guess I'm looking at a small tweak to the steering stops. I don't want to run spacers because a) I like the idea of keeping it pretty narrow and b) they look just about perfect with the stock flares and it'll save me the hassle of having to switch to Rubi flares. The original plan was to run 33x10.5s but I came across the deal on these tires locally and half-price for barely used tires was too good to pass up.

OverlandLJ

^^ I literally just picked it up last night and only had time to drive it home so not enough time yet to tell. But I did have those 32's mounted on stock Jeep steelies and they rubbed just a touch at full lock. The Ravine's have the same 5.5" of backspacing so it's likely that they'll rub a bit although with the wider rim the tire profile will change slightly (less bulge) but I'd guess I'm looking at a small tweak to the steering stops. I don't want to run spacers because a) I like the idea of keeping it pretty narrow and b) they look just about perfect with the stock flares and it'll save me the hassle of having to switch to Rubi flares. The original plan was to run 33x10.5s but I came across the deal on these tires locally and half-price for barely used tires was too good to pass up.

Thanks for the info, I don't want to have to buy new wheels but didn't know if I needed spacers or not.

Dayriesw

There is some pictures of mine before the last transformation on page 6. I was on about 4.5" of lift to run 35s. Now I am just on 1" BL running 35s.

Wheeling pictures soon to come. Here is a photochopped version of what it will look like when painted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater