Grandpa Builds A 2000 Montero

missleone

Observer
True, the mileage is liveable with me its just down here in S Florida everyone and i mean everyone is flipping cars and im lucky to find a handful of ppl that have owned their vehcile over a year...so hard to tell when someone's lying to ya about whats really been done to the vehicle as far as up keep....

piercemontero

From the little bit of research I've done the '95 is a favorite among Montys, the engine has DOHC making repairs a bit more difficult than with the SOHC in the 1999, but if you think you will be using the rear locker the 95 may be the better choice. Just my 2 cents!

grandpa

If you order the ARB 3434040 bumper for the 97-00 Montero it doesn't just bolt on. I had to trim the mounts on the bumper and the frame, and drill new holes, to get it mounted.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Looks pretty good. Can you take a shot from the side so we can see the approach angle?

jlocster

Explorer
Looks great grandpa! Couple questions...How heavy is it? Did you have to crank the torsion bars to keep the front end level?

grandpa

The bumper is about 75 lbs. I haven't adjusted the torsion bars. I might need to when I install the winch.

I'd love to see the tent in the closed position if you get the chance. I'm also interested to hear your thoughts on your reasoning for positioning it the way you did, to the side, as opposed to covering the rear door (90* to rear from shown) or opening to the drivers side (180* from shown) to avoid walking around the rear door to access the tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman