New Pelican coolers

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Expensive, but how many Coleman coolers will this outlast? Tough choice though when you are almost half the cost of an ARB fridge.

Yudda

Adventurer
Agree it's expensive but comparable to the popular Yeti.

For me personally it is well priced....shipping to here would cost close to 200....add taxes
About 600-650 total. A fridge here is 2000US+ here..

So if I'm going to pay that much in shipping and taxes, I'd rather pay only once.

Like most, im pretty sold on Pelican construction.....I'm just waiting to see how effective it is as a cooler.

Funny thing is...I saw a review on you tube and the Coleman extreme came out on par with the yeti...I was impressed.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
We have a Coleman Extreme Marine and it works very well for the price. As for the Yeti vs Pelican, aren't the Yeti coolers one of the few allowed outside in Yellowstone and some other restricted cooler areas?

Saiyan66

Adventurer
I have a Coleman Extreme (non marine version) that I purchased last year and it is not holding up well. Keep in mind it doesn't see much time riding around in the truck. I take it from home to the hotel where it plays duty as my fridge while I am at work. The handles are about ready to pull out of the sides of the cooler. Granted it is heavy when full, but that should be expected of a cooler this size. I am also not impressed with its insulation abilities. I have the 7 day extreme and when in the back of the truck it has a tough time lasting 4 days with ice in it.

blue dog

Adventurer
Revive an old thread here.

I was in the market for a quality cooler, and after destroying a cooler a year i decided it was time to make a purchase that will make a difference. At first i was looking for a Yeti cooler when i came across the Pelican coolers at my local gun store. They had the pelican 65 quart coolers on sale for $230 out the door, Bam, it was in my truck and ready to go.
I took the cooler to a job i have in woodland hills, I Put 4 1 liter bottles of frozen h20, 1 7 lb bag of crushed ice, and a case of bottled water { not chilled } i n the cooler. The cooler actually held ice for 6 days in 105 degree weather, on the 7th day, the water in the cooler was still ice cold, but no ice left. I am satisfied. The cooler is a beast and i feel it will hold up as well as the various pelican cases i have.
Pelican, gets a thumbs up from me.

Attachments

• IMG_2046.jpg
    IMG_2046.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 144

briansocal

Observer
I LOVE my Pelican Camera Cases and Flashlight. Great company that really stands by their products. I can't believe I'm lusting after a cooler.

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
... i came across the Pelican coolers at my local gun store. They had the pelican 65 quart coolers on sale for $230 out the door, Bam, it was in my truck and ready to go.
I took the cooler to a job i have in woodland hills, I Put 4 1 liter bottles of frozen h20, 1 7 lb bag of crushed ice, and a case of bottled water { not chilled } i n the cooler. The cooler actually held ice for 6 days in 105 degree weather, on the 7th day, the water in the cooler was still ice cold, but no ice left. I am satisfied. The cooler is a beast and i feel it will hold up as well as the various pelican cases i have.
Pelican, gets a thumbs up from me.

I went with the ARB fridge. But for THAT price it would be a tougher decision. Good find on the sale.

deets

I picked up a 45q for $189 on sale at Campers Village and have gone on 2 expeditions so far with it. Perfectly sized to fit 2 store bought blocks of ice and a plastic half gallon jug of milk laying side by side in the bottom. Both trips have been for 6 days in 90degree weather and when I got home I still had a 1/4 block of ice left and put leftovers right back in the fridge as cold as ever. I am a big fan of Pelican and their cooler lives up to the name. I feel I could drop it off a cliff and it would probably be fine.

blue dog

Adventurer
i love that pup! what kind of dog is it??

That there is a Queensland blue heeler. He is a bit on the large side for his breed due to his dad being 30% dingo. He is a 55 lber and should not be over 45 lb's. Smart as all get up, and loyal to the point that he would kill or die for me, but he is a well socialized animal that knows his place. He loves to play with any dog or child, but if a dog fights with him, Lookout, some killer tasmanian devil comes out in him and there is no stopping him. He goes to work with me everyday, and easily has 75,000 miles in the truck. He has been from the tip of Cabo San lucas, pre ran the baja 1000, and had his toes in the Arctic ocean. Only heeler people get it, but they are the best dogs.

The cooler. Part of the reason i got the Pelican cooler is that i have 5 pelican case in various sizes, all have been abused beyond belief, and held up just fine. That says a lot to me. Now, i just happened upon the pelican cooler when it was on sale and i still paid $230 out the door, if it was not on sale, the price was around $365.00. If i had to pay full pop for the cooler at the time, i may not have purchased it. I have had it for a month now, and i can not say anything bad about it. I think the pelican has better latches then the yeti, other then that, they are not that different. As noted before, the pelican cooler has the same warranty as the cases, made right down the road in Torrance ca, and a company that stands behind its products. I would suggest these to anyone that has a need for a quality cooler in rough and extreme environments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12