New Pelican coolers

MTaco

Adventurer
FYI, Costco has these back in stock for $249 for the 65qt and $299 for the big 95qt. That is about $90 cheaper than Amazon and they are certified bear proof now. I just picked up the 65qt, we used it over the weekend camping and I love it.

nnnnnate

Adventurer
The main reason I went with the Yeti over the Pelican is empty weight. I'm a big dude and about the only thing I can do well is carry heavy things, but it felt like the Pelican was twice as heavy at the store. Also for the same size capacity the Yeti overall dimensions were smaller which was a bonus for my cute little 2 door wrangler. This is my first cooler so I decided I could either buy a cheap one and perhaps need to replace it in a few years or buy a more expensive one that was hopefully better built and keep it for a super long time. I hope it works out for me.

jruba

Adventurer
Just bought my 65q cooler , haven't tried it yet , but im sure I will love it .. ive been alaways a fan of coolers and a fridge is out of my needs and price range , if I could just find a nice dry cooler rack to fit inside just to keep some goodies dry , any ideas for this? I know pelican sells one for like 60 dlls but that's too much for me , im cheap sometimes , lol.

MTaco

Adventurer
Just bought my 65q cooler , haven't tried it yet , but im sure I will love it .. ive been alaways a fan of coolers and a fridge is out of my needs and price range , if I could just find a nice dry cooler rack to fit inside just to keep some goodies dry , any ideas for this? I know pelican sells one for like 60 dlls but that's too much for me , im cheap sometimes , lol.

I ordered one of these from Amazon and it fits perfect.
31nX3NkygtL.jpg

LINK

Idahoan

Adventurer
I bought a 45 qt pelican. I got mine with the seat cushion "a little pricing option". Great cooler and works as advertised. Kept my beer cold for a week in 90 degree weather. Built like a tank. They have a video of a grizzly trying to get into one.

jruba

Adventurer
Thanks for the link .. would u have a pic of pan inside the cooler ?

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk

jruba

Adventurer
I believe they got bear approved recently .. not that im worried about encounter a big brown bear down here in south Texas, lol

jdlobb

Adventurer
I believe they got bear approved recently .. not that im worried about encounter a big brown bear down here in south Texas, lol

yeah, where's the video of a pack of wild pigs going crazy on one. i wanna see if it's tusk proof.

MTaco

Adventurer
Thanks for the link .. would u have a pic of pan inside the cooler ?

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I don't have a pic but here is one I found online. Mine is a deeper and narrower pan but this will give you an idea. The pan will just rest on the top lip under the lid.

c433daf5ef42329d216521396bbfbf.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears