Lets see some full size pictures...

Maverick1701

Adventurer
Thanks- I realize the length is an issue. But, I now have two of these monsters and I've learned to drive despite the length. They really are great if you carry lots of crap around like I do.

^ this! these trucks do amazingly well off-road. I had the same truck (only 1996 model) that I wheeled in the woods of east tx with a local jeep club. I rarely had issues. the rigs are soooo long (yes, thats what she said) that I almost always had a front or rear axle on solid land and would be able to pull/push my way across most any obstacle.

It would make me laugh when we would wheel. Everyone would laugh/make jokes/openly tease the guy who wheels the 1-ton CC. Until they get in trouble....then you are the first person they call when they need help.

east_tn_81

Adventurer
Seabass that is a nice rig. Like has been said before the big trucks do just fine offroad. The smaller wheelers always count on use to pull them out.

NMC_EXP

Explorer
"CUCV bumpers would be bad as hell on this truck."

CUCV bumpers do add a touch of attitude to any GM truck. If I ever pick up an older Suburban I just may have to do that.

Jim

Seabass

Idiot

You just gotta love the four legged security systems! Here's mine...
mehy7y9u.jpg

Kowboy

Adventurer
Today in a wash adjacent to Anniversary Mine Road, Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Nevada.

Tight squeeze for a full size.

20131222_E_Anniversary Mine Road_wash.jpg

20131222_D_Anniversary Mine Road_wash.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12