Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

skates04

Adventurer
Finally got to use the J30 on Friday night.

In my younger days (Not that I am really old, in my 30s) I could pretty much sleep anywhere. Last summer tent camping wasn't quite cutting it any more.

I slept great in the J30, temps got to the low 30s and I would say I stayed comfortable in a 20 degree bag. The best part was I pulled into camp at about 10:30pm, Popped the top up, started a fire and there I was sitting in my camp chair drinking a beer no later than 10:35pm. I am 5'11" and standing up in the back of the Jeep and changing was a feature I enjoyed much more than I thought. Just need to get a shower setup and let the glamping begin!!

I climbed a lot of steep stuff in Moab in the Jeep and I really didn't even notice much difference with the top on, it certainly didn't hinder me in anyway. My Jeep is on 35s with 5.13 gears so gas mileage isn't a popular topic to begin with but it certainly did not get any worse with the J30.

Bottom line after last year I was not really thrilled about camping, now I can't wait to get back out, that is priceless!

IMG_1155-M.jpg

skates04

Adventurer
Your eyes aren't fooling you. Those recesses are for awning attachment points!

I hate you....

Just kidding! :) I had to ask, I should have known better than to ask knowing I am missing out on some of the very nice new features!!

Ok, now we need pictures with an awning on there!

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Finally got to use the J30 on Friday night.

In my younger days (Not that I am really old, in my 30s) I could pretty much sleep anywhere. Last summer tent camping wasn't quite cutting it any more.

I slept great in the J30, temps got to the low 30s and I would say I stayed comfortable in a 20 degree bag. The best part was I pulled into camp at about 10:30pm, Popped the top up, started a fire and there I was sitting in my camp chair drinking a beer no later than 10:35pm. I am 5'11" and standing up in the back of the Jeep and changing was a feature I enjoyed much more than I thought. Just need to get a shower setup and let the glamping begin!!

I climbed a lot of steep stuff in Moab in the Jeep and I really didn't even notice much difference with the top on, it certainly didn't hinder me in anyway. My Jeep is on 35s with 5.13 gears so gas mileage isn't a popular topic to begin with but it certainly did not get any worse with the J30.

Bottom line after last year I was not really thrilled about camping, now I can't wait to get back out, that is priceless!

IMG_1155-M.jpg

Glad to see you're enjoying it! It is really an amazing setup to be so capable off road and such a quick setup, that keeps you warm and dry. Really sad to be getting rid of mine but I need more space for family.

FYI if you remove the small portion of the back seat it is way more comfortable to open/close, stand and change etc.

jeepovich

Explorer
IMG_20140302_122153_691.jpgIMG_20140302_122221_983.jpgIMG_20140302_122634_455.jpg

To feel a weight difference between OEM hard top and J30 is like having no passenger vs having one person with you. I don't ready notice it.

jeepovich

Explorer
IMG_20140302_124733_160.jpgIMG_20140302_161350_751.jpgIMG_20140302_161829_720.jpgIMG_20140302_080224_097.jpgIMG_20140302_080147_742.jpg

That camping night it rained very hard. The sound of rain on hard roof is amazing ( but not loud). I was sure that tomorrow I will be putting away wet tent walls. To my surprise not only most of the fabric was not wet at all but the wet areas bead off water like rain-x

jeepovich

Explorer
IMG_20140302_122734_182.jpg:safari-rig:
That's the beauty of this camper! The off road capabilities are practically same as with factory hard top. IMG_20140309_154531_893.jpg

emkay

Observer
Irishcoffe, thanks for the reply.. Good news! I would have never checked a polish site :)

I checked the price and that is about € 5750,- for the standard version without Vat.... The top is $ 5750,- (€ 4147,-) so thats about € 1500,- for crating, shipping and customs. Not cheap but also not that bad at all! I guess I send them an email :)

vs_jk

Looks great! I'm just curious, why do some people not get the side see-through windows in back with this top? Is there a specific reason for it?

aristobrat

Observer
I've seen a few photos where people appear to have enough equipment stacked in that area that it looks like they'd be hard to see out of them. At $250 each, if you're not going to make use of them, I guess it makes sense to skip them.

vs_jk

Ah ok, that makes sense. I guess if I had a bunch of stuff stacked in the back, there wouldn't be any need for the windows. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears