Ozark Overland Rally (The beginning) March 28th-30th

jlandon

Get Dirty.
Working on episode two... Had a moment to share.

I do these on the fly with no script... And no brain storming. So I have a few mess ups :sombrero:

[video=vimeo;85689521]https://vimeo.com/85689521[/video]

CodyY

Explorer
Good call on staggered start.

Also gives photogs/spectators time to get team "before" photos

Edit: of course in my mind I'm starting the DAKAR. :D

Last edited:

jlandon

Get Dirty.
The permitting process is going slow, still trying to expand the numbers a bit. Unfortunately, I am at the mercy of the USFS for that.

Would it interest anyone to have a friendly cook off Thursday night?

jlandon

Get Dirty.
Update! We have expanded the teams maximum number to 5 people, 4 vehicles. Teams will have 1 week to add a member to their team. After one week I will start contacting the waiting list.

To add to your team simply send and updated email to

overlandguild@gmail.com

jlandon

Get Dirty.
Update!

We have finally received permission to increase the number of participants. Here are the new totals for participation.

100 people can enter to race in the Rally.
30 people can sign up to spectate. Spectators will be provided the checkpoints as well. Because of the wording of the permit, spectators will need to sign a waiver and have a quick meeting with me or a Rally Official before they can receive their checkpoints.

Since we have a larger allotment, we are changing some of the numbers.

Changes to be made:
Teams will now be allowed a maximum of 6 people total.
Teams will still retain the 4 vehicle limit.
(example, you can have three vehicles with two people per vehicle or four vehicles with one having three people and the remaining vehicles have one person. Make sense?)

Teams will be given until March 1st to add people to their roster. There is a REALLY good chance that that waiting list will be moved in its entirety. We have had several drops and the waiting list has been getting shorter everyday.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Your original post still says you are full, may want to update that.

Looks like fun. Kinda short notice for me as I just noticed this, but who knows? Definitely been wanting to get down to the Ozarks.

XJINTX

Explorer
OK, maybe I have not read every post here but??? We need to pay for camping at the meet up I see that but do we need reservations?

playhard

Observer
I'm thinking about coming as a spectate. I have not been to Byrd's in almost 10 years and have a few question. Is there still zero cell service at Byrd's? Is Ozark still the nearest gas station?

jlandon

Get Dirty.
I'm thinking about coming as a spectate. I have not been to Byrd's in almost 10 years and have a few question. Is there still zero cell service at Byrd's? Is Ozark still the nearest gas station?

Awesome!

The closest fuel to Byrds is either Turners Bend or Oark General Store.

I use Verizon and it is hit and miss. AT&T I am not sure about.

playhard

Observer
Awesome!

The closest fuel to Byrds is either Turners Bend or Oark General Store.

I use Verizon and it is hit and miss. AT&T I am not sure about.

Thank you very much!

There used to be some cabins for rent just a little north of 215 on the pig trail. Do you have any idea if they are still there?

jlandon

Get Dirty.
Mulberry Mountain may have some, though I admit I've never stayed in a cabin in the area other than the cabin of my truck :D

playhard

Observer
Mulberry Mountain may have some, though I admit I've never stayed in a cabin in the area other than the cabin of my truck :D

I have spent a few night in the cabin of my truck at Byrd's myself but when you get a little older a bed starts looking better and better. :)

As a spectator, is the meeting on Thursday night still mandatory? I'm still not sure if I can make it there before noon on Friday.

XJINTX

Explorer
How far from Byrd's are those stations? With trails each day and returning to Byrd's each night will gas be an issue? I can carry 10 extra gallons if recommended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle