Ozark Overland Rally (The beginning) March 28th-30th

jlandon

Get Dirty.
I think you'll be passing a station each time you leave Byrds, and most likelydrop each time you return. If you were to complete it by primitive camping, I think you'll be looking at 240-300 miles. By returning to Byrds, that will most likely increase substantially.

jlandon

Get Dirty.
As a spectator, is the meeting on Thursday night still mandatory? I'm still not sure if I can make it there before noon on Friday.

No problem, just find me or a volunteer on Friday and we will get you setup with the checkpoint locations and answer any questions you may have.

CodyY

Explorer
Team Garrett Overland has a little work to do in the next 7 days.

ematyga3.jpg

Might be bringing artillery to a knife fight. But the timing just worked out that way.

jlandon

Get Dirty.
We pre-run for the ideal time this weekend. Looking like I may need to borrow Clarksons Toybota. Or buy an outboard.

XJINTX

Explorer
I drive an XJ looks like we will camp on the trail. Is roof clearance an issue? If I use my roof rack with a gas can being the highest thing in it will that be an issue? I think the new FJ's may be that high or higher stock??? May have room inside just not positive. Have not used it to haul camping gear since I got my off road trailer.

jlandon

Get Dirty.
I drive an XJ looks like we will camp on the trail. Is roof clearance an issue? If I use my roof rack with a gas can being the highest thing in it will that be an issue? I think the new FJ's may be that high or higher stock??? May have room inside just not positive. Have not used it to haul camping gear since I got my off road trailer.

An XJ on 31s with a roof rack and his spare mounted on it cleared everything.

brushogger

Explorer
That's sucks. I have a lot of dash cam vids and a few from outside the truck. We will be posting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

playhard

Observer
based on the winning team's name, they were local and probably did not have to use a map much. That is just a guess. For the rest of the teams, Did you have to drive at higher speeds to make up the time? I'm just not sure how the whole "ideal time" worked? I hope to be there myself next time to find out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears