Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

eternus

Observer
I bought a cheap harbor freight hoist and rigged up a system so I can remove the J30 top by myself in about 20 minutes.

Have you looked at the JK habitat?? (Also made by ursa)

http://store.adventuretrailers.com/products/JK-Habitat-.html

I prefer the J30 for the hard roof But I think you might be able to sleep 4 at least 2 adults and 2 kids in the habitat. ( assuming you can sleep in the back half
I've never been in one)

Otherwise with J30 you could get a cargo box mounted on load bars integrated into the top for some extra storage for light stuff like clothes/sleeping bags.

Just throwing out some ideas.

Lucas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the hardtop too so the J30 is definitely what I want. I have some time before I can buy the j30 anyway so maybe I'll figure out the perfect solution by then. I like the idea of a teardrop base camp though so will probably pursue that first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Amy H

Observer
Well my search for a Jeep continues.

The one that I ordered came in damaged. A new jeep with 65 miles had clay & tall grass underneath. After the dealership cleaned it up we saw the rear dif casing was hit with the seal ripped along with mulitple scrapes to the frame and a huge rock rub/dent on the passenger side frame. So dissapointing to put money down on a Jeep and not take it home.

So watch out people if you are buying -check the underside first. :(

Amy H

Observer
Yeah, I had already filled out the paperwork and cut a check too!!! I thought I was going be sick seeing the underside trashed. Someone from the CA dealership wheeled it carelessly. It was a dealer trade on a new 2014 Billet silver sport s. I took some pictures of the underside trying to get a better look since it wasn't on a lift but it was pretty easy to see I wasn't taking it home with that much damage. Not sure what a hit to back would do to the function, but I wasn't going to take a chance.

Soooooo back to the J30 thread...I still want one...just gotta find a jeep to put it on. Now I wonder if the J30 will fit on a 2015??? Heard the windshield angle is going to change a little.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Now I wonder if the J30 will fit on a 2015??? Heard the windshield angle is going to change a little.
That's what they said about the 2012 when the new engine came, then the 2013, then the 2014.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that rumor, it seems persistent.

-Dan

Espo78

Adventurer
Nothing is changing body wise for 2015. If Jeep holds true to tradition we won't see a redesign until 2017.

87-95 YJ
97-06 TJ
07-16? JK
17-?? ??

Septu

Explorer
Did everyone enjoy the Summer Solstice?

14488401094_0388368ce0_b.jpg

QFE. Amazing picture.

Yep...new background screen for me as well. Awesome shot!!

Add me to the list.

Presto88

Adventurer
Do you secretly work for Ursa Minor, Bigfish? If not, you should be getting some sort of kickback from them...

Great pics!

MojaveKJ

Adventurer
Do you secretly work for Ursa Minor, Bigfish? If not, you should be getting some sort of kickback from them...

Great pics!

For sure! Wow.

8a8u9ytu.jpg

Not as spectacular as some but, my J30 on the back country of Nevada.

And another in the Alabama Hills of California.
ene5ejyq.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
All these pictures rock

This has been a really awesome thread.

So as you guys get more time and mileage on with the J30s, have you thought about mods, or upgrades you'd like to see?
And what have you already done to make it fit your useage?

Thanks for the input, and for posting the awesome and inspiring pictures! :drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears