The TARDIS - A Four Wheel Camper Build

java

Expedition Leader
Considering the power that I am using in the camper. I have a voltmeter on the electrical panel, so I know the condition of the battery. But I would like a way to monitor the amps I am using.

It would be nice if I could put in a digital Blue Sea Systems meter, but they are out of my budget.

I could do an analog meter that would match my voltmeter. LINK

Or I could put in a watt meter, like the Watts Up or this. One of these would be nice as I could track amp hour use, but it looks like it would be a bit of a pain to reset and do I really need that much info.

Thoughts? Advice?

How about a Link Pro? I think they are a nice package, but not cheap.
Link Pro

Overland Hadley

on a journey
How about a Link Pro? I think they are a nice package, but not cheap.
Link Pro

Thats along the same lines as a Blue Sea Systems Digital meter. Similar cost as well, so it is out of my budget for this system. A good proper meter though, thanks for the link, added it to my wish list for future reference.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I removed both of my StarLights, the one on the side had damage on the cover of the motion sensor. And I came up with a new idea for "porch" lights, I am eager to put three more Rigid Industries lights on the rig.

If anybody is interested in the StarLights, feel free to PM me an offer.

the dirty rear light
IMG_0076.jpg

the cleaner, but busted lens, side light
IMG_0072.jpg

Thanks to westyss for posting information about his outside light.

The Smart Light with Star Monitor

lightve.jpg

I also installed this outside light, these are great, has a motion detector and came with LED, very bright and works great, recommended! It can be used normally on or set up for motion detection, and will blink red if battery levels go too low.

Light update; this light is a great addition to my camper, I like the fact that its LED, and a nice bright LED, the motion detection is great, we sit at the fire and its nice and dark, when we need to go inside to make another cold beverage, get up and the light turns on to pave the way. It doesnt go off with the dog roaming around. Two thumbs up for this unit.

Best place to buy looks to be on ebay.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I made a bracket!

If you can guess the origins of this piece of aluminum, you will win 12 kilojoules of internet points. It is something that is familiar to those who are reading this.

IMG_0077.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle