Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Raul

Adventurer
The monster pickle.

2000 E-150 Chateau with 5.4. Bought it in 05. We put barely 5k miles per year. This is our camping vehicle, Home Depot carrier, Ski trip family hauler, motorcycle carrier, track day support vehicle and whatever it takes. the main goal was to be able to convert from cargo to passenger to camper easily.
Mods:
  • 9.75 rear LSD
  • 2" spacers in the rear
  • Chevy Tahoe mid bench in the third row
  • 1000w inverter
  • 1" rear lift block in rear +Monroe coilover (load leveling shock+spring)
  • Mini fridge and microwave combo that attach to the captain chair attachment (change from 5 seat camper to 7 seat passenger van)
  • HID Head lights
  • JVC double DIN head unit with back up camera
  • 265/70/17 Cooper AT3 on 17x8 Moto Metal rims
  • Cabinet on the rear right quarter with coat hangers' bar
  • Cargo cover trays that convert to bed when the bench folded down
  • Moog progressive front springs

Work in Progress: fender flares and mud flaps:
photo1.jpg

On Big Bend
DSC_3611.jpg
DSC_3640.jpg

Painting the roof silver:
IMG_2251.jpg
Camping. Mosquito nets on windows. We were going from campground to river. I do not load like that on the road.
118.jpg

Charring bikes in
dr01.jpg

and Out
IMG_2449.jpg

Last edited:

HammsBear

my 1979 quadravan

This is my 1979 Quadravan. I have had it two years and took it camping for the first time last weekend.
Then:
imagejpeg_2yt.jpg

imagejpeg_5fx.jpg

Now:

2014-07-20 13.11.35.jpg

2014-07-20 13.12.15.jpg

And one of the rack while I was building it. I am super happy with how this turned out.

2014-07-06 17.11.29.jpg

dcguillory

Adventurer
Reno to Bonneville to Moab to Kremmling CO to Grand Canyon to Vegas to Yosemite

Did a big trip with one of my daughters for her B-day/Christmas present. She also paid a $1000 out of her own pocket, not bad for 14. Went for 2 weeks starting Sept 4th. Been lazy about posting pics and very distracted with my business nearly disappearing completely for three months. All is right again now but we had a pretty tough time of it since we only have the one income stream. Anyway here are some pics I took. I suck with the camera. Too bad.

Pretty much forgot about the camera at Bonneville

Next was Moab. Took the twin bridges trail. If I had started at the end I came out of I never would have attempted this trail in my rig. However it went very smoothly and we can't wait to go back.

Then we went on to Kremmling Colorado to Latigo Ranch. Really cool. Will never do it again because of cost. We could have camped in Moab for 2 weeks each year for the next 5 years for the same price.
Even so The place awesome and the staff/owners were ridiculously accommodating.

Thats what I'm talk'n bout

This pic is funny because I was racing my Traxxas Slash (RC truck) down the road and the horses (70) started to freak out so I took a pic and then left before I started a million dollar stampede.

Next we went down to Albuquerque to pick up my daughters new dog. A Cane(CON-A) Corso. Google it. Sweet dog. Then we were off to the Grand Canyon

A face to put to my posts

Tards tempting fate on a cliff edge. They were doing all kinds of fooling around. I told my daughter to hang around for while cause we might get to see natural selection at work.

Close up of said tards

Off to Yosemite. Here is Mono Lake. Lame pic

Yosemite

Some Dino museum in CO

Loving the Van

89s rule

Adventurer
2000 E-150 Chateau with 5.4. Bought it in 05. We put barely 5k miles per year. This is our camping vehicle, Home Depot carrier, Ski trip family hauler, motorcycle carrier, track day support vehicle and whatever it takes. the main goal was to be able to convert from cargo to passenger to camper easily.
Mods:
  • 9.75 rear LSD
  • 2" spacers in the rear
  • Chevy Tahoe mid bench in the third row
  • 1000w inverter
  • 1" rear lift block in rear +Monroe coilover (load leveling shock+spring)
  • Mini fridge and microwave combo that attach to the captain chair attachment (change from 5 seat camper to 7 seat passenger van)
  • HID Head lights
  • JVC double DIN head unit with back up camera
  • 265/70/17 Cooper AT3 on 17x8 Moto Metal rims
  • Cabinet on the rear right quarter with coat hangers' bar
  • Cargo cover trays that convert to bed when the bench folded down
  • Moog progressive front springs

Work in Progress: fender flares and mud flaps:
photo1.jpg

On Big Bend
DSC_3611.jpg
DSC_3640.jpg

Painting the roof silver:
IMG_2251.jpg
Camping. Mosquito nets on windows. We were going from campground to river. I do not load like that on the road.
118.jpg

Charring bikes in
dr01.jpg

and Out
IMG_2449.jpg

Any interior pictures? Sounds like a good flexible build.

Jb1rd

Explorer
Stripe removal in progress. Any suggestions on getting the baked on residue off?
9ced7956fe53f9c30a9acd629a089b60.jpg
34e2b641fe77a290725828973b98a4cf.jpg
db0741f37f60eccd68baf054af4f5b01.jpg
98b995d0c809f9cf954cabea6f4b99d0.jpg
0bc0d5f37e9e12ca1ff27cca658bdb4f.jpg

Sent by magic, I mean come on really, pictures through thin air, MAGIC!!!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Stripe removal in progress. Any suggestions on getting the baked on residue off?
Sent by magic, I mean come on really, pictures through thin air, MAGIC!!!

If you go to your local autozone or advanced auto, they usually stock a remover that comes in a big spray bottle. It works great to soften up that gooey mess, but if I recall they recommend wiping the stuff off, and in my experience it doesn't work all that well unless the residue is realllly thin.

Best way I've found is to spray, let sit for about 20-30 seconds, and then use an old credit card type thingy to scrape it off. That works like a charm. It still takes a bit of effort to get it clean, but it works a ton better than trying to wipe it away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle